PDA

View Full Version : 350x tires

smokey
11-24-2004, 10:04 AM
i was wondering what would be a good all around tire for my 350x? I was thinking of some super swampers, but i did not know if the would be a all around tire. I do alot of miles on gravel roads, dirt roads, mud, trails, and some pavement. Thanks

BigGreenMachine
11-24-2004, 10:37 AM
Razr's would be a good choice.

AirManCam
11-24-2004, 11:35 AM
Razr's would be a good choice. Yup, I have them on mine and love them.

ClayW
11-24-2004, 12:24 PM
Hey Airman, what size are you running on those Razors? Stock? I have the Superswampers on mine. They came on it when I got it. They have about 60% of the tread. I havent gotten out in the mud and trails with it yet. I will say they are a very Hard rubber compound. All the air can be out of the tire and it still looks like its aired up, just a little low. :beer

OldSchoolin86
11-24-2004, 12:34 PM
Razr's would be a good choice.

I agree too. There are a lot of other good ones too but I would stick with the idea of the razrs; flat, semi-low pro, and light.

TimSr
11-24-2004, 12:41 PM
Looks like he is mostly running the roads, and I was just wondering if you guys who run them have any input on how fast they wear out under those conditions? I dont run or like that type tire for anything I do, but I was thinking Holeshots held up a lot longer than Razors when they saw a lot of road use. Or do I have that backwards?

smokey
11-24-2004, 03:02 PM
I want somthing that is going to bite in snow and mud, but also wear good

twgranger
11-24-2004, 03:28 PM
I have razors and i ride mine on pavement all the time and they hold up good but Their not real good in the snow.

AirManCam
11-24-2004, 08:54 PM
Looks like he is mostly running the roads, and I was just wondering if you guys who run them have any input on how fast they wear out under those conditions? I dont run or like that type tire for anything I do, but I was thinking Holeshots held up a lot longer than Razors when they saw a lot of road use. Or do I have that backwards?
I have found out that razrs will outlast holeshots. My brother has XCR's on his 250ex, and I have razrs on the raptor, and my 350x. I have found that the razrs last longer. They will quite noticeable at first, but then will hold up for a long time, I'm on my 3rd season, with about 75% tread left. I have found both to be good in snow also. :w00t:

BigGreenMachine
11-24-2004, 11:02 PM
If you want something that will wear like iron then try Pure Sports Bandits. Those are what I want if my 18inch tire plan doesn't pan out.

Tri-ZNate
11-25-2004, 12:02 AM
I would go with Razrs. I have them on my 350x. I go trail, pavment, and mud boggin with them. As long as you go through the gears and keep kickin mud or snow you wont stay stuck. mine have lasted 3 years and have 50% tread.

Ddw350
11-25-2004, 12:49 AM
my holeshots are decent all-around tires.wear real good too..the bandits seem to be pretty heavy,but a good tire too