PDA

View Full Version : Custom 2 stroke pipes ?? Who can make 'em?

Derrick Adams
11-22-2004, 01:03 PM
I added a new DG pipe to my Tri-Z a couple months ago and although it makes real good power, it's just not what I wanted. I'd like to have a low-end pipe on my bike. This pipe is a little soggy dow low and comes on like gang busters in the midrange. I've been told the older DG pipes make some good low-end but mine does not.

Soo,, I've been considering buying a stock pipe again or having one made for the bike. Can anyone tell me who to contact or where to find info on how they work so I can make my own. I'm trying to explore my options.

TimSr
11-22-2004, 02:10 PM
White Brothers made the best TriZ low end pipe Ive ever seen, but good luck finding one!

I think Trinity racing does custom pipes, or they used to. A few of the older MFG's use to custom make them as well as mass produce. I think Bills still does, and possibly even ESR.

MTS
11-22-2004, 02:14 PM
yes trinity still makes custom pipes for em i belive there in the range of 150$ to build one, but you would have to call em

CHAINSAW
11-22-2004, 07:21 PM
Just about any pipe maker will make you a custom pipe.... some are just a lot more in prices. I know that CPI, ESR, Trinity, Shearer, Bills, etc....

And "My trike Sucks" If you can find a custom built pipe for $150, you better hook us up, and the rest of the world. I havent ever seen a 2 stroke pipe for anything under $175, thats a stamped out regular pipe. Custom ones usually means a hand made, one of a kind, and trust me buddy, that aint gonna run no $150. Double that, and you might get in the price rance.

Lots_Of_Nothing
11-22-2004, 07:26 PM
Just about any pipe maker will make you a custom pipe.... some are just a lot more in prices. I know that CPI, ESR, Trinity, Shearer, Bills, etc....

And "My trike Sucks" If you can find a custom built pipe for $150, you better hook us up, and the rest of the world. I havent ever seen a 2 stroke pipe for anything under $175, thats a stamped out regular pipe. Custom ones usually means a hand made, one of a kind, and trust me buddy, that aint gonna run no $150. Double that, and you might get in the price rance.

Correct chain, I'd just like to add one thing... I searched everywhere for places to CUSTOM HAND MAKE me a pipe, and the lowest I got quoted was $400,, and the highest was $550, the rest were scattered inbetween those numbers..

mytrikesucks- I don't know who told you trinity made custom pipes for around $150, but they were obviously talking out their rear end.

MTS
11-23-2004, 12:00 AM
sorry, i dont know what i was thinking when i wrote that...hell i cant evern remember when i wrote that...i musta been off in lala land...lol

Derrick Adams
11-23-2004, 09:15 AM
The only problem I see with this is these places are all in California. How can I expect them to build me a pipe for my Tri-Z and have it fit, when i'm 3000 miles away? Guess i'll just swipe Tim Sr's pipe off the Quad-Z when he's not looking!

I'm going to call Trinity today, just to see if they could do it. Or, Maybe they know someone that is on the east coast.

TimSr
11-23-2004, 09:56 AM
Your best best is to try somebody who used to make one. Generally "custom made" can be any production pipe that they no longer build in lots. You might want to first try White Brothers.

Jeb
11-23-2004, 02:08 PM
You might try Bill's too while your at it. I've got one on my Z. You never know till ya try!

I think my Bill's pipe makes pretty good power through out. But I've never had a stock or a DG pipe for my Tri-Z to compare.

Derrick Adams
11-23-2004, 04:55 PM
No luck with White Brothers... I don't even think the Tech guy knew what a Tri-Z was!

I did dig up the number for Klemm Research (which is now Klemm Cycle Supply). They originally made that pipe on the test Z in the magazine article. It also said they ported the stock cylinder to out perform the power valved one. I may give them a call and see if they still have someone familiar with it.