PDA

View Full Version : 350X carb on an 250SX??

Dirtcrasher
01-10-2003, 06:17 PM
The carb I asked for help identifying awhile back turns out to be an 350X carb whcih was used on an 250SX. I'm surprised none of you got that from my description. Will this thing fit my trike? Anyhow the 350X carb appears to have a nearly identical housing as the SX. The throttle valve is 4mm bigger and it has a different main and slow jet. The front slides into my boot but I haven't checked the rear to the airbox boot yet. How does someone know which jets to get so I don't flood my motor? What does a bigger throttle valve do - let in more air I assume?

Dirtcrasher
01-11-2003, 10:29 AM
Thanks John!
I guess a jet swap is worth a try. But that dam starter jet I'm unsure of. It's odd, I believe unless I'm ass backwards that when I got the cold start kit that the starter jet actually had a smaller hole than the stock or "won't start in the cold jet" But that doesn't make sence unless my way of thinking is wrong, I would think larger hole more gas at start up, no???. I wonder if the dealer could tell me what size jet had the problem and what size fixed it. Any idea how a larger throttle valve affects performance?