PDA

View Full Version : Help with leakie tire

wurthless
11-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Anyone know how to stop air from leaking around the little rubber plug on the inside of wheel-hub? What is that thing and do you replace it like a valve stem or what? Thanks Mike :Bounce

BIGCRIP28
11-19-2004, 08:05 PM
the o-ring in between two halves of a 2 piece rim?

MTS
11-19-2004, 09:50 PM
that would be the valve stem you if the rubber is cracked/dried out you will have to take the tire apart and pull the stem out from the back side of the rim and go get a new one from an auto store or a tire shop, pop it in and your ready to go :)

smokinp
11-20-2004, 12:16 AM
yep,you need a valve stem..try putting the little black plastic cover on it(if you haven't)it may stop/slow the leak down...

MTS
11-20-2004, 12:23 AM
actually if you dont have the cover on its pretty easy to check the stem to see if it is leaking or if it is the core of the stem(the little metal thingy in the middle that gets pressed down :) just fill it up with air then dump some soapy water on it, it will bubble where there is a leak and it is the easiest way to see whewre a leak is on any tire...also if it is the valve stem that is leakin a little trick you can do to slow it down is spit on your finger then fill up the valve stem then put the valve cap on...it will last a lil longer :p

wurthless
11-20-2004, 01:39 PM
No No No I've got you all confussed...this is a original balloon type tire that does not come apart as far as I know ,,,the valve stem and core is good, I repaired the core and now I find what looks like what I think a valve stem would look like if youwhere on the INSIDE of a tire looking at the botom of the valve stem. It's on the inside of the hub and lloks like a black rubber button from the outside. Sorry for the lack of info,,,now what do ya say??????

ATCnut
11-21-2004, 02:36 AM
I think a pic would help us understand this better

wurthless
11-21-2004, 02:42 AM
It will be awhile I have the camera at home and I'm at work will try to do ASAP,,,,,

broook
11-21-2004, 08:13 AM
[QUOTE=wurthless]I find what looks like what I think a valve stem would look like if youwhere on the INSIDE of a tire looking at the botom of the valve stem. It's on the inside of the hub and lloks like a black rubber button from the outside. QUOTE]

Sounds like a security plug or bolt to stop the tire from spinning around on the rim. Used to have them on our old trials and scramblers.

wurthless
11-21-2004, 04:56 PM
So do you just pop it out and get anew one??/ thanks for your help