PDA

View Full Version : Question about 84 250r clutch lever spring? also info on my trike...

250rrider
11-15-2004, 10:51 PM
Hello,
I have recently fully restored an extreamly nice custom looking 1984 250r, im sure you guys will think the pictures of this trike are awsome, when i post them. but i was doing some final clutch ajustments and i broke the spring that goes over the clutch lever. This is an external spring that allows the clutch lever a bit of play. Well i broke it beond repair, and i cant get this speing from any website or honda dealer, it is Discontinued :( . what can i do? is it important? do i need it? does anyone have any suggestions? Im getting extrealy ancy with this thing, and this is a simple stupid problem.
If your wondering about the machine it has the color schem of an 86 350x but with gold rims, swing arm hubs, and some other powdercoated gold parts. the frame is powdercoated red and is BEAUTIFUL, there are also other powdercoated parts. It has a 350x headlight. I will hope to soon have a pic. thanks for any help...

Maine_Triker
11-16-2004, 10:42 AM
a good place to look for discontinued parts is on ebay.

PICS PICS PICS PICS!!!

Lots_Of_Nothing
11-16-2004, 11:42 AM
Ok, now if I can understand your problem...,, What do you mean spring on the clutch lever?, Do you mean the spring on the clutch lifter on the engine? (sticking out the top of the side case). I wasnt aware there was a spring on the clutch lever on the handlebars, so i'm guessing this is what you mean. In that case, I have a few of them. I dont think it would hurt it to run it without, I've ran them without them, and with broken ones.

250rrider
11-16-2004, 11:46 AM
yeah...you are right, i should have been more clear about the spring...if you have a few ....would you be interested in selling one????