PDA

View Full Version : rear triz # fenders

mike from long island
11-15-2004, 09:52 PM
here is a pic of the new rear fenders on my Z. they have the inserts for #. they came with new insert black stickers. it even had an older style maier sticker with them. they are brand new in the bag when i got them. i decided to use them. i finally got 86 front forks for my Z too. i cant beleive the diameter in the 86 as compared to the 85. i just need to rebuild them and install. i cant wait to see what the difference is. once i get all the odds and ends woked out ill post some nice pics. later

twgranger
11-15-2004, 10:16 PM
Are they a low profile?? I think the stock ones look better.

03 ORANGE SHEE
11-15-2004, 10:21 PM
who makes them?? very different

mike from long island
11-15-2004, 10:32 PM
there were no stickers on the fenders but in the package it did have the maier sticker in there. so i figure they are maier fenders. they also do fit as nice as the stock fenders i have. the lower brackets wont work unless i force the fender down. i dont want them to crack so i am going to have to figure some out there. the stock ones do look nice but once i get the bike finished i think everyone will like the look later :beer

CHAINSAW
11-16-2004, 12:06 AM
I saw a set like that a few weeks back on ebay. They didnt have the black inserts though, at least not pictured. Nice man!

Jeb
11-16-2004, 09:58 AM
Lookin Good Mike! Love that West Coast Swingarm!! Did you ever get you some front chain sliders made for it?

mike from long island
11-16-2004, 06:49 PM
i got the fenders off ebay. less then two weeks ago. i used the buy it now feature. got a great deal on them. as for the chain slide i used a stock one. i drilled two holes and tap then to fit similar bolts works fine so far.

threewheelin-feelin
11-16-2004, 06:57 PM
thats a sweet TRI-Z man!!

CHAINSAW
11-16-2004, 07:26 PM
i got the fenders off ebay. less then two weeks ago. i used the buy it now feature. got a great deal on them. as for the chain slide i used a stock one. i drilled two holes and tap then to fit similar bolts works fine so far.
yeah, those are the same. You used the buy it now, like less then an hour after it was listed. He had another set of blacks front and back that was snatched up just as quick.

Are those shiney? they almost looked dull on the auction is why I didnt get them.

smokinp
11-16-2004, 07:36 PM
Looks great!I like the westcoast swinger,what do you think of the paddles?

mike from long island
11-16-2004, 07:38 PM
you know i think they might be dull. i havent ordered any fenders from maier that were shiny so i would gues they are dull. doesnt matter it matches the front fender so i was happy. i couldnt tell if they were really dull or dirty. just dirty when i got them. the stickers for the # where a bonus i didnt know they were coming. i think you can still buy them though. or at least make a copy of them out of anything. i had had the same rear fender a few years ago but sold it along with a yellow # plate and the aftermarket airbox. i still kick myself in the *** for letting the # plate go. what an idiot i was then lol

skippy
11-16-2004, 07:51 PM
mike.. im trying to buy yr grab bar,, you get my pm or email?????