PDA

View Full Version : TWISTER!!!!!!!!! (throttle)

BIGCRIP28
11-15-2004, 01:56 PM
I have a twist throttle on my X. If I order new grips for it (the kind for twist throttles out of dennis kirk) will it come with 2 different size grips?
One for the left handle bar and a bigger one for the twist tube.
Or both big?

4cylinders
11-15-2004, 02:04 PM
hey, one of each size.

ScottZJ
11-15-2004, 03:03 PM
You get grips that MX bikes have and not for ATV's. Oh and yes if it says for MX bikes/bikes with twists) it will come with 2 different size grips.

hondatrikesrule22
11-15-2004, 03:43 PM
It doesn't matter. The grips will stretch to fit the twist tube.

TimSr
11-15-2004, 04:06 PM
It doesn't matter. The grips will stretch to fit the twist tube.

Very soft rubber grips can be stretched enough to rig it on, but an awful lot of them wont. Try any OEM grip! ...but why do it when you can buy the same thing off the shelf at the same price that fits right?

The only difference between cycle grips and ATV grips is that cycle grips are two different sizes so that they can be easily installed on a twist throttle. If you have a twist throttle, by motorcycle grips, if you have a thumb, buy ATV grips.

Billy Golightly
11-15-2004, 06:26 PM
Very soft rubber grips can be stretched enough to rig it on, but an awful lot of them wont. Try any OEM grip! ...but why do it when you can buy the same thing off the shelf at the same price that fits right?

The only difference between cycle grips and ATV grips is that cycle grips are two different sizes so that they can be easily installed on a twist throttle. If you have a twist throttle, by motorcycle grips, if you have a thumb, buy ATV grips.

You forgot one TimSr! The round part on the inside end of each grip that keeps your hands from rubbing on brake mastercylinder or the on/off switch is smaller on the ATV grips, because the thumb throttle hits this and will cause it to stick. Easily fixed with a pair of scissors though and thats what I've done on my 200x. Other then that I agree 100%