PDA

View Full Version : 82 honda 250r problems

googel35
11-15-2004, 03:23 AM
I have a honda 250r three wheeler that i've had problems of it burning up and i took it to a mechanic and he said it was running lean because of the excessive heating on the exhaust side. I checked out the carb and have it all cleaned out. But now when I run it the engine keeps reving at really high rpm's and the only way to stop it is to put it in gear and let the clutch out. I've even had it keep running at high rpm's like that when I shut the switch off. I was wondering what this could be.

MTS
11-15-2004, 09:22 AM
so it rev really high when you start it right off the bat? if so you might have put the slider in the carb backwards, with it running at high rpms with the switch off is normally means its just running out of gas or is leaning out, you man have to step up your main jet in your carb a size, depeding on how your spark plug looks, so take the plug out and see what coulour it is , also the air coold 250rs are known for over heating quicker than other bikes too...

googel35
11-16-2004, 12:28 AM
well it doesn't rev high right away. It just revs after you've been on the throtle for a little bit, almost like it's sticking but i know it's not that. The jet may need to be stepped up a lil bit because it is currently bored out 40 thou because it is the 2nd overhaul it has had since i've had it. I was wondering if it could be a bearing maybe and how i could check that?

Derrick Adams
11-16-2004, 12:45 AM
You should try richening up your Idle circuit. Turning in the idle enrichment screw should get you some more fuel on the idle, which may cause your hanging idle to disappear. Only go 1/4 of a turn at a time and keep track of how far you go.

googel35
11-16-2004, 02:03 AM
sorry for not being specific but it's not a problem keeping it idle but it keeps running at a very high rpm even after i let off the throttle even though the throttle isn't sticking.

81250r
04-26-2005, 11:01 PM
check it over for air leaks,spray around the carb boot and engine,or pull the choke all the way open if it dies right away that means it is sealed tight.

Howdy
04-27-2005, 10:48 AM
check it over for air leaks,spray around the carb boot and engine,or pull the choke all the way open if it dies right away that means it is sealed tight.

Did you see this post is 6 months old? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: