PDA

View Full Version : FMF vs DG/85 Roundslide vs 86 Flatslide? (250R)

HondaHarry
11-11-2004, 05:32 PM
Hey, got a couple questions maybe someone can answer them?

Which is better? DG National or FMF Fatty?
I know I know... they are probably both lame, I want a Paul Turner.
But I have both pipes to mess with, just looking for some input before I take the FMF off. I wont do it if there is no improvement.

Any performance differences between the Keihin Flatslide (from an 86R)
over the Keihin Roundslide I have now? Worth swapping? Sorry im just bored, scary thought huh? HM

Blown 331
11-11-2004, 05:39 PM
I have a DG and I don't like it. It signs off early, no top end power. I have an ESR ATC-5 pipe on the way. I would say the FMF would be better than the DG. I am also wondering about the carbs as well. I hear the 38mm air stryker is the carb to get and I've seen them pretty cheap used. Did the TRX250R's have the same carb as the 86 ATC?
What does the DG look like? Is it all black, now that I think about it I'm not totally sure my pipe is a DG, it has a DG silencer for sure. The guy I bought it from said the pipe was a DG but who knows.

86250RZ
11-11-2004, 05:40 PM
FMF Fatty ( some may argue) Flatslide (I think this is something everyone will agree on)

Dammit!
11-11-2004, 07:16 PM
I went from stock to a Fatty recently and had a Paul Turner a long time ago (and goes without saying that the PT is better than a FMF).

From stock to Fatty, it did improve the top end noticably. It's supposed to give you a boost throughout the entire powerband but it's definitely top end'centric. I think I lost some bottom end versus the stock.

It's more "pingy" sounding than I expected it to be too, which was disappointing. Still a nice pipe for what I paid for it (I do miss that PT though). Don't know how it compares to a DG but maybe this will help anyway.

smokinp
11-12-2004, 12:51 AM
I dont own a R but I would go with a ESR 5 pipe(I have read good things about those)and a flatside.

Blown 331
11-12-2004, 10:08 AM
I dont own a R but I would go with a ESR 5 pipe(I have read good things about those)and a flatside.

My ESR-5 is on the way. I called them 3 days ago to check on it and they said it was off getting chromed. I'll let you guys know how I like it.