PDA

View Full Version : OK Flat Track people...testing a new page for my website

ChrisD
11-10-2004, 08:10 PM
Hi Everyone.

I've been bored lately and it's close to racing season, so I made a new webpage for my site. Let me know what you think...what to add etc.

Building a 250R flat tracker (http://home.comcast.net/~durchanek2/iceracerpage.htm)

smokinp
11-10-2004, 08:27 PM
cool site!you did a great job on the R too....you need a few more pics of your R and some racing photos would be sweet too....

84honda 200X
11-10-2004, 09:54 PM
How exactly does that strut work for the rear suspension? Do you think it would work for a 200X?

Jeb
11-11-2004, 11:01 AM
Good stuff ChrisD! I'd sure like to build my R like yours.

Motor-wise my Z runs strong but probably won't hang with your R. But the chassis mods are allot the same. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for a frozen lake around these parts but I bet it would be a blast.

I need to find another set of 85 Z forks and cut the springs and lower the forks. I've got spacers on the rear end and an 85 250R front wheel/disc/hub on the front. I made the 2 position lowering strut for the rear end.

bushwacker51
11-11-2004, 11:30 AM
Chris,
That is a great addition to your site. I have enjoyed viewing your previous site and watching your videos. Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing some of your exprience with us less knowledgable people; Glenn Oister

sandrooster
11-11-2004, 05:52 PM
Its awesome Chris.

But when are you going to add all your ice racing videos?

I once downloaded the second part of the large track race where you were following the banshee. I thought it was an great part of the whole series. I haven't been able to find it again on your webpages.

I watch your ice videos and want to get into ice racing.
Anyways, keep up the great work.

ChrisD
11-11-2004, 06:19 PM
thanks for the feedback.

My problem is space. I only have 25MB of space and video take up a lot of MB. I compressed the videos as much as I could but the quality really starts to suffer.

hey Sandrooster...I don't know if you saw this page or clicked on this video, but this is a good one too. I wish I could get the quality better, but I've been pushing the limits of my storage as it is. I haven't decided if I should add more video and remove the new page or not.

Ice racing page (http://home.comcast.net/~durchanek2/atc250rpage4.htm)

cool race against the golfcarts (http://home.comcast.net/~durchanek2/250r172.wmv)

Hey Jeb....That Z is awsome. I'd love to get one but they are hard to find around here. I keep looking though. It's too bad that we live so far apart, it would be cool to get some flat track races.

Tough thing for me is that my R is in storage in NY, so I don't get to fool around with it too much. I'm hoping that the new mods on the intake and carb will give me some more power. There's nothing like embarrassing Raptors on the track.

Billy Golightly
11-11-2004, 06:27 PM
Hey Chris,

If you wanted to host some videos here on the site, I'm sure we could hook you up. Since we got a new host for the forums we've got 4.5GB of space and more then enough bandwidth. Drop me an email if you'd like.

250R looks really good too! :D

smokinp
11-12-2004, 12:46 AM
maybe if you send some videos to the site and they hosted them?to add to the videos section...It will probley take up alot of space tho...

Lots_Of_Nothing
11-12-2004, 12:48 AM
Looks great Chris!, I still drool over your R! there is a 86 Z for sale up here for around 1,000 (my neigbor), its a good strong runner. I'm up in Gouverneur NY (4 hours above albany, 2 above syracuse), just thought i'd let you know. I'd like to come down and check out the races this winter!