PDA

View Full Version : yet again...it dies

83185s
11-09-2004, 06:43 PM
well once again the trike is gone for awhile..the cam broke when i was fixing an oil leak! that little pin that holds the pulse rotor on snapped out..someone tell me please if i need to buy a new cam or if i need to just get a replacement pin..i got onto www.partsfish.com and checked out the diagram and it says i can get a new pin for it but i wasnt sure..someone help please

MTS
11-09-2004, 08:19 PM
yes you can get a new pin for it..you will have to get the old one out of course...and when you put the new one in put some red or blue loctite on the pin and put it in the cam....

83185s
11-09-2004, 11:10 PM
o the getting it out wont be a problem as it came out already which is the problem..lol..its the second cam that the machine has done that 2..really tickin me off ..u know how it is..u get somethin runnin and ridin a few days it breaks somethin and gets put out of commision..bunch bs..lol

MTS
11-09-2004, 11:26 PM
yea i know what ya mean with the breaking down...thing...lol...my friend lost a cuple of thos pins on his 110...dont know why..they just both fell out ?? i think right now he has a chunk of sodder shoved in the hole for the pin..leasy he did for a wile..then it would fall out....and chew the hell out of the seals...anyways thats why i suggest useing some loctite on it ;)

83185s
11-09-2004, 11:29 PM
cool thanks im gonna go take the main jet back to the dealer anyway cause it dont fit my carb and then order 2 so i can have a backup cam incase it does it again..i hope it doesnt but u never know with mine