PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like a good deal?

Lomax
11-09-2004, 12:37 PM
I get alot of calls from people asking me if I am interested in buying various machines ( 3 and 4 wheels alike ) and here is the newest one to come my way. The First trike is either an 81 or 82 Honda 185s ( I havent seen them yet ) it runs, needs fenders and other cosmetic items, The next one is a 1985 model Suzuki 125 fourwheeler that is supposed to be ready to ride ( if i was really interested ) and the other is a 1985 Honda 250SX. It runs and drives but needs fenders and cosmetic items as well. I can get all of them for 400 dollars. It sounds like a sweet deal to me but I wanted to run it by some other ATC guys to confirm my beliefs.

smokinp
11-09-2004, 01:19 PM
I would just buy the trikes but for 400 get the cart too....

Lomax
11-09-2004, 05:00 PM
Yeah I really dont have much interest in the cart, its the 250sx that I was putting my eyes on.

bigredhead
11-09-2004, 05:04 PM
Yeah I really dont have much interest in the cart, its the 250sx that I was putting my eyes on.

^^^ chaching.. you got that right brother !! the SX alone makes it worth the money !

Lomax
11-09-2004, 06:07 PM
Deals like that wonder up to my doorstep here at work alot. There was a guy that came up here with an 84 BigRed, Looked better than almost any unrestored trike that I have ever seen, It keeps burning up the CDI box was the problem with it, I could get it for 350 dollars or give him a Gorilla axle for his fourwheeler for it. I was going to hit on that one but the New deal that came up WAY better for the money.

Lomax
11-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Well I went and picked up all three machines last night. The 250 does run fair, it needs a carb kit, new shifter return spring kickstarter spring fenders seat and the electric starter rebuilt and some other little things. the 185 is an 82 model and I am not sure what all it needs but I think that I can rob enough stuff out of the salvage yard to get it ready to sell for a fair price. And the cart, well I dont have any idea other than i think that its just been settin up for a while but Im not real worried about it.