PDA

View Full Version : painting motor(cylinder) got some questions

vartiak15
11-06-2004, 02:15 PM
ok as far as the painting i got that under control but how in the hell do i get the motor clean? because i dont need to strip it off to use high heat paint and what im talking about is the cylinder how do i get all the mud out of the little crevesis? is there anything i can get and spray it in there and it will eat all lthe mud and gunk off?

MTS
11-06-2004, 02:31 PM
go to the car wash and use a pressure washer...

TheOlderFox
11-06-2004, 06:30 PM
simple green or other degreaser and a pressure washer

atcmatt
11-06-2004, 06:36 PM
If you want to do a really good clean/paint prep. I suggest you get it beadblasted or sandblasted. I sandblasted my head and it got rid of all the baked on mud and grime. I think i will just leave my head/cylinder that alloy bare metal colour. I'll just try and keep it very very clean so it doesnt look old and chatty.

Matt

BIGCRIP28
11-06-2004, 06:40 PM
pressure wash it then bead blast it and it will be like new

vartiak15
11-07-2004, 11:34 AM
thanks guys the car wash didnt do nething for that baked on gunk so i just took some good ol' gasket remover and sprayed it all down and it took most of it off. now if i get some paint on the outside of the cylinder can i sand it off or use some paint stripper to get it off?

GreyhoundRugby
11-07-2004, 01:10 PM
On unusual surfaces like a gast tank and a cylinder. I use bumper stripper. Its a spray on paint stripper but it acts as a foam and it fills in the nooks and crannies and it sticks to all the dips and such, got my gas tank very clean now time to clean the inside :evil: