PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Z and DG pipe

keith-z250
11-05-2004, 11:13 AM
Anyone that has a DG pipe on their Tri-Z? If you do will you take a picture or somehow show me what bracket/hanger you used for the pipe to secure itself to the trike and silencer, also? Or does someone have a good suggestion on something else to use?

twgranger
11-05-2004, 11:37 AM
I used the factory hanger, sorry no pics.

asc180
11-05-2004, 01:08 PM
I ran into the same problem you are. You can use the factory hanger or do what i did and make a bracket to fit over the grap bar bolts with a bolt in the middle to hang the pipe.

Adam

Derrick Adams
11-05-2004, 01:35 PM
I found that my the flange for my pipe was too long for the head and would not seat the gaskets up against the head. I cut about 1 1/2" off to get it to fit. Once I did that, it fit nice. I was also then able to use the factory mount on the pipe. The silencer mount didn't even come close, so I bolted mine to the grab bar.

wolfspider
11-05-2004, 02:18 PM
heres my old one.

keith-z250
11-05-2004, 02:36 PM
Ok since that is out of the way. Can someone throw some suggestions at me about tuning my carb? Mine is an 86 Z with a stock 320 main jet. I have installed full DG exhaust, uni air filter, boyesen reeds, .20 bore, and weisco pro-lite piston. Well I jetted from stock 320 all the way to 400. I got the clip all the way to the bottom of the needle but I am going to bump it back up one to the recommended setting. I run my bike for about 20 seconds and open it up in 6th gear. I take the plug out and it is just a dirty white with a light brown tint. But it isn't brown like a paper bag. I am running a B8ES plug and my engine gets hot and drinks coolant fast. Also, should I adjust the screw w/ a nut(pilot screw???) on the carb that is on the opposite side of the idle screw? I know I will have to jet higher but didn't know this high. But from 320, 350, 380, 400, it is starting to brown better. Could there be something else wrong or should I just keep messing with the jetting?

wolfspider
11-06-2004, 03:30 AM
hi it shouldn`t be using coolant at all, that the first problem you should sort out. maybe its your headgasket or your waterpump seal. the jetting on my 85 was 2 sizes over standard, clip in factory position with 8es ngk plug runnig 33 to 1 fuel oil mix. it ran awesome.mine also had been tuned with full dg system, boyesens and uni filter.
hope this helps.