PDA

View Full Version : Throttle pin ??'s

bonkers_200s
11-03-2004, 06:17 PM
I have a 200s, I broke a throttle cable awhile back, I replaced it and the throttle assembly, and i put the new pin at the same setting as the other was.

It breaks up a little now, so I tried all the possible adjustments, the way it ran best, was with the pin as far up as I could put it, (e clip down as far as it can go) but in order to have it set like that, I have to have the idle adjustment turned in all the way into the ventura, then it's got quite a bit of snap, and runs great.

I'm thinking this can't be good for the machine?

bonkers_200s
11-04-2004, 10:49 AM
bump?? :((

smokinp
11-04-2004, 12:13 PM
whats the plug look like?

bonkers_200s
11-04-2004, 01:34 PM
Shes a bit black, still haven't gotten around to the valve adjustments, not even sure if the need to be done but sure sounds like it.

It runs awesome, when I changed the cable and throttle body, the new pin was in better shape, I put it in the position that the old one was in, it runs great but when slowing down it breaks up, at lower speeds, and sometimes it will ruin a wheelie on ya.

The only position that it doenst break up is with the pin as high as it will go, and the idle screw turned in all the way, but im a bit weary to set it that way.

When i first got it messed with the fuel/air and its ran great, I have yet to adust it since this episode

MTS
11-04-2004, 02:19 PM
sometimes if you get aftermarket needls/pins they are thiner than the original one...thats what i found with my carb kits..and they dotn work as nice