PDA

View Full Version : 86 Tri-Z help

keith-z250
11-03-2004, 04:47 PM
Ok my 86 Z is running right now without a problem but I have a few questions. I just got the top end rebuilt with a 68.50 bore(.20), boyesen reeds, uni airfilter, DG full exhaust. Well, all of this was done at once to the Z because it was needing it since I was rebuilding the top end. Well my question is, I am running a B8ES plug and my carb is the 38W Mikuni(guessing a 38mm?). When I rejetted it, it was at 320, so I am guessing that is stock for an 86. I put in a 350 main jet and ran it without any problems but the plug is lighter than a brown paper bag and there is some oil on the first few threads of the plug. I am running 50:1 Amsoil with 91 octane. Anyone think I should jet it up a bit or do I have a different problem?

TRIZTUNES
11-03-2004, 06:17 PM
HEY!

DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING IT IS RUNNING PERFECT.
the 38w is stamped showing it for a tri-z.
a tri-z is a 32mm stock.
you can more the clip one groove.
it will inrich it alittle.
but i would not touch anything.
that little bit of unburnt oil around the plug just shows you are not running too lean!!!!
next time you take the head off have it shaved .10 .
this way raise your compression big time.
after you get it together take the plug out and kick it over you will hear the differents.

TRIZTUNES OUT!!!!!!!

twgranger
11-03-2004, 06:36 PM
The stock carb size for a Z is 32mm. I don't think it is 34mm.

keith-z250
11-03-2004, 11:36 PM
Thanks TRIZTUNES. Do you think any bike shop that can rehone(sp?) a cylinder can do that to the head? I will try the clip to see how it goes but, I think I will stay here from how positive you sound.