PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my refurbished 200X and one of my 350X

clong
11-02-2004, 01:34 PM
Hey,
Over the last several months I have been cleaning up my trikes, especially my 200X which came to me blown up, but I had the motor rebuilt and have been building it back cosmetically from ebay and other sources. Let me know what you think.

More details on the trikes in the signature. Thanks for looking,
Chris

bigredhead
11-02-2004, 01:51 PM
Very nice !

How do you find the rear knobies? any good in deep mud ?

thefox
11-02-2004, 02:11 PM
Good job clong! They both look great. How do you like the supertrap?

smokinp
11-02-2004, 02:13 PM
good job!what kind of exhaust is that?

86250RZ
11-02-2004, 02:40 PM
Love the 200X Clong. You done a heck of a job bringing her back, i will always have a soft spot for the 200X, that was my first love long before any girl LOL

86250RZ
11-02-2004, 02:43 PM
Love the 200X Clong. You've done a heck of a job bringing her back. I will always have a soft spot for the 200X, that was my first love long before any girl LOL

clong
11-02-2004, 02:51 PM
Thanks for all the props guys. The knobby tires are cool but I'm really not into the balloon look. I'd like to get some Maxxis 20" Razors on there when I get some cash.

I also love the exhasut. I got 18 rings on that supertrapp and it makes the thing rip. Way more pwoer than with no rings.

The main things I have done to this trike outside of having the motor rebuilt is a new head light bezel, rear fender, repainted the tank, new decals, seat grommets and allot of stuff off ebay like the chrome head light roll bar, kill switch, tank fins, 1985 seat, tail light and allot of misc nuts and bolts from bike bandit. This thing has no problem beating a Blaster. Its a fun trike and a smooth runnner.

Muddy200x
11-02-2004, 05:58 PM
You got some nice aftermarket parts on that 200x. I'm liking the footpegs, extended swingarm and the aluminum skid plate. :beer

conig
11-02-2004, 06:30 PM
clong, how do you like the tires you have on your 350x? handling mainly I assume they do good in the mud.

vartiak15
11-02-2004, 06:32 PM
what kinda pegs are thoes and where di u find a supertrapp that nice man? and is that swinger extended?

clong
11-02-2004, 07:57 PM
Conig,
I actually really like the tires. They hook up real nice and still will pitch out good. The combination of the low end torque of the 350X and those tires makes for some good out of the hole traction, almost too much casue sometimes when I hit the gas on damp ground, the front end comes up so fast it almost throws me off the back.

Vartiak15,
I have no idea where those pegs came from or what they are. They came with it when I aquired the trike. They help allot. I used to have 3" axle spacers on there to help with stability but I didn't like how it looked. Too wide for a 200X. If I feel the bike is getting unstable those foot peg extenders really help so I can get out on the fender and keep it level. The Supertrapp is a standard trapp from like DennisKirk purchased several years ago and the swinger is only extendid 1 to 1.5". Its very mild.

Thanks for the inquiry, Chris

kilabeez0
11-02-2004, 10:20 PM
AHA!!!!! So your the one who won the auction for the stainless steel braided brake lines!!! How did those work out for you?

And is that just a universal supertrapp silencer with stock headpipe?

kilabeez0
11-02-2004, 10:21 PM
And could you post a closer pic of that chain roller in the first pic? How does that mount?

vartiak15
11-02-2004, 10:25 PM
that is an aftermarket chain roller he has on there. it isnt a stock setup.

Chris McDaniel
11-03-2004, 10:39 AM
Hey Clong, what motor mods were done to that? you should let some air out of those rears. Very nice wheels though, where did you get those bars? I am looking for some bars that fit my R. Would you ever consider selling that 200 X? I am a collector and would be willing to come get it for a fair price. What do you say? How about we take a poll, everybody out there has seen it from all angles, what do you guys out there think this is worth? I would be willing to pay 1k-1,200.

Pistonhead
11-03-2004, 10:42 AM
Nice trikes man, good work there.

Dammit!
11-03-2004, 10:50 AM
The Supertrapp is a standard trapp from like DennisKirk purchased several years ago

That's not the standard Supertrapp actually. That's the old racing series. The standard was a trail series with a 4 inch baffle and smaller diameter head pipe. That's a nice find. Don't let anything happen to it.

clong
11-03-2004, 01:15 PM
Kilabeez0,
The brake lines are awesome. They give a much quicker and tighter brake response. As for the chain roller I know nothing about. I will get a closer pic of it. I know it keeps good tension on the chain to keep it from derailing. Ohh and the headpipe is not stock. I'm guessing its a Supertrapp. It came with the bike.

McDanz,
The bars are just some big old ATC bars from back in the day. I'm not sure what this trike is worth. Here in Soutern California 200X's are not very rare so they really don't go for allot of money. Prices range from $600 for a tore up one to $1200 for a clean 1987. Even though mine is the first year 200X, its in exc shape and has some mods so I figure its worth $900 to $1000.

Dammit,
Thanks for stoking me out on the race pipe. I had no idea that it was sort of a special edition supertrapp.

Thanks again for the inquirys, Chris

Dammit!
11-04-2004, 12:37 AM
I wouldn't call it a special edition. They had three different series of pipes for the 200x. A three inch trail pipe, a four inch trail pipe (probably the most common) and then their high performance offering, the Racing Series which is what you have. I had the same pipe. Bought it brand new right off the shelf in 1985. Ah memories.

The racing series came with 12 disks but you could buy more disks in packs of 6. I had 18 on mine. In my opinion, that's the best pipe ever made for a 200x. When I get a project X I'm going to be scouring the internet and salvage yards until I find one.

clong
11-04-2004, 01:49 PM
Dammit, Thats a sweet 200X you used to have.

I'm actually thinking about selling my 200X. Mainly casue I only get to ride 3 wheelers once a month and I can only fit one 3 wheeler in my truck I always take the 350X. The 200X was a fun project but I think I have put all the money into that thing I can afford to put into it.

Dammit, I notice you live about 6 hours from me. If you ever are interested in a 200X and want to meet in Indio or Palm Desert and take it off my hands for half of the $2000 I have into it, meaning buy it for $1000 let me know.