PDA

View Full Version : Atc 200 running weird

toyota200x
11-02-2004, 11:34 AM
I have a neighbor that has a 1982 atc 200 and when he is driving it it doesn't run smooth at all. We cleaned the filter and noticed there was a crack in the boot that conects with the air box. Could this make it chug and not acclerate. I also think it is running rich. How do you fix a bike that is running rich. Thank you

bigredhead
11-02-2004, 12:14 PM
If the airbox has a crack ( letting crap enter the carb without being filtered ) you will have constant carb troubles = funky running !

I'd fix that crack pronto ( GOOP works great btw ! ) as long as it's between the carb and air filter..

IF it's on the carb to engine ( manifold ) , then you need a new one, air leaks will mess with the vacum and give you grief.

but between the carb and filter side, i'd think you could fix that with various products..

bigredhead
11-02-2004, 12:17 PM
have you checked the plug ? what color you got ?

I'd clean the carb out and fix the boot first, then go from there! i bet once the carb is cleaned out, she will run good !

MTS
11-02-2004, 02:31 PM
yea the boot thing just use some silicon on it then see what happens its a common problem with the 81-82 boots becuse they are a softer rubber they crack if you tighten the clamp too much..i have the same thing :p

83185s
11-02-2004, 06:39 PM
well make that 81-83 years on the boots..mine did the same on my 83 185..i just put some rtv red on there since it was all i had..it worked! then it ran like a beast...untill the carb bolts rattled off..hmmm..i fixed them 2...if thats not trailprotrailpro problem tho try the air/fuel mix screw located on the engine side of the carb at the bottom in the center

hotroddal
11-02-2004, 08:49 PM
i just used electrical tape on my 81 200 honda, it woks great and its cheap, just tape it all up so you dont se the cracks anymore