PDA

View Full Version : Need T-3 Help!

86250RZ
11-01-2004, 06:41 PM
I was riding my 86 T-3 at the local dunes and when I was in the middle of a 360 my axle nut must have come loose because the whole axle was shifted over to one side and in the process it threw the front spocket off. I need to know where I can find the little clip that hold the sprocket in place (its a poor design if you ask me, should be bolted in like my Honda) anyway I would also like to know if anyone makes a anti-fade lock nut for this trike, it has the 87 T-3 carrier not 86. Has anyone else had this problem? I've never had this happen with my Honda. It may be partly my fault because I never gave the trike a full inspection after I purchased it so the axle nut my have been loose to begin with. any help would be appreciated.

200x Basket
11-01-2004, 08:21 PM
that sucks!!! the kawasaki shop should have the clip in stock. that axle is a dura blue prolite and none of the stock parts will fit. the nut on it has some lock wire holes drilled in it. i would just snug it up and lock wire it.

NICKG
11-01-2004, 11:09 PM
well first off if it was bolted on you would now be looking for a set of cases and a shifter shaft since the front sprocket is on the engine. that is why Kawasaki did that, the clip is coomon to all the 80's kawasakis.

86250RZ
11-03-2004, 12:24 PM
Good point NICKG, never looked at that way. Not even a scratch on the cases :cool: