PDA

View Full Version : my air cooled R

freaksfix
10-31-2004, 03:10 PM
its a slow going project. i still need a few parts like swinger bolt, after market pipe, old school # plate, a DG head would be nice.... i have a set 16" H-Traks for the rear.........

RideRed250R
10-31-2004, 03:16 PM
looks really good like the panted forks. I just got done with one of those.
keep us posted
adam

Xowner
10-31-2004, 03:59 PM
i got a swinger bolt if it will come out and i got a number plate of a 83 84 R

Troll 2
10-31-2004, 04:11 PM
Your R is looking good freaksfix! I like the tripples and forks. Did you repaint the frame? How long have you been working on it? Keep us updated on the progress.
I have about seven months into our's............... :beer
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3378

jeswinehart
10-31-2004, 04:11 PM
i've been looking for a swing arm bolt for ya matt ,,, a real hard to find part for sure !
when i was doing my 84 air cooled project last winter ,,, blazerone22 was six knuckles deep into his also. he needed one so i took mine out and had my son-in-law make one up at his machinist shop place he was working at.
i asked that he make up sevral but he only done up one. blazer was happy with it ,,,, doggone shame he didn't do up a couple of extra ones cuz i would just have proud as a peacock to mail you off one.

is that your first air cooled ???

john

freaksfix
10-31-2004, 06:10 PM
thanks for the + feedback guys.... the forks and triples were done red cause i seen so many of blazer's sweeeeet bikes with the painted forks i had to do it too,,, thanks for the idea Blazer..lol.. i got the frame off of ebay for $50 shipped it was listed as powder coated, it aint but for the price i didnt care... i got the basket case a few weeks after trike fest and give it some time when ever i get parts for it.... John yeah it my first aircooled, that no good Holic twisted my arm untill i rode his at trike fest, thats all it took i needed one...lol

freaksfix
10-31-2004, 06:16 PM
Troll in that pic it looks like 85-86 R fenders? do you still have the white fenders and tank fins, if so wanna sell them??

smokinp
10-31-2004, 06:18 PM
good job! keep us posted.....

MTS
10-31-2004, 06:19 PM
freak looks like its comein along pretty nicely ..i love the painted forks...so much that i might just do something similer to that if i get an air coold :p

Lots_Of_Nothing
10-31-2004, 06:37 PM
Looking good, I still have some free air R parts laying around if you need anything, fork stuff / skid plate, and a couple boxes of small misc crap, if you ever need PART of a frame i got that, haha...

I have a swinger bolt thats been sitting here forever and I have no idea what it go's to, it's a toss up between a tri-z, 200x, or 84 R, anyone have a length measurement on the swinger bolt for 83/84 R's?

Troll 2
10-31-2004, 07:37 PM
Troll in that pic it looks like 85-86 R fenders? do you still have the white fenders and tank fins, if so wanna sell them??

Sorry, the white rear fender was toast, so I updated to a 85R rear fender then the fins got fusion painted. Then the white front is going to be revived and used soon.
I think the white is still avalible aftermarket? Good luck.... :cool:
Hey how does holic's air R run? Just got done riding our water-cooled R, sort of wondering how the air-cooled R's are........... :beer

N8s250r
11-01-2004, 12:06 AM
they can take the liquids off the line in a drag race but thats about it

350x'inNY
11-01-2004, 05:19 PM
Freak...

I told you awhile back I have a 83-84 Swingarm bolt here with a complete swingarm/rear end/axle that came with my 82R. also got a seat (needs recovered) and triple tree and forks (minus internals). Come and get it... need to get this crap out of my way!!! Also have some misc. parts (brakes, foorpegs, etc) from that 83R too.

You good with rebuilding engines? I got the 83R motor/carb here too but want to keep as a spare for my 82R. Someone began porting and polishing and gave up.

Bruce

resto250r
11-03-2004, 02:32 AM
Hey troll........ What year is that top pick and what are those forks off of?

Troll 2
11-03-2004, 09:53 AM
Hey troll........ What year is that top pick and what are those forks off of?

That's my 84'R project as it sit's now. It has the original forks. Here's a pic when we got it for $150............. :TrikesOwn

http://www.bmi.net/magoos/1roller.jpg

freaksfix
11-03-2004, 10:30 AM
Freak...

I told you awhile back I have a 83-84 Swingarm bolt here with a complete swingarm/rear end/axle that came with my 82R. also got a seat (needs recovered) and triple tree and forks (minus internals). Come and get it... need to get this crap out of my way!!! Also have some misc. parts (brakes, foorpegs, etc) from that 83R too.

You good with rebuilding engines? I got the 83R motor/carb here too but want to keep as a spare for my 82R. Someone began porting and polishing and gave up.

Bruce

I forgot all about the parts you have..... There is no way for me to make it out there.... Can you ship me the pivot bolt, shock and shock linkage? Yeah i can rebuild your motor for ya, what does it need? Is the crank shot or does it just need the topend done?

Trikeaholic
11-03-2004, 07:38 PM
that no good Holic twisted my arm untill i rode his at trike fest, thats all it took i needed one...lol

I would like to believe that the free air revival was started by me, but im sure I wont get credit for it. Im glad that my 83 created a stir in the hobby and more free-airs are getting restored. If you think about it a moment, all 2 strokes are going to become dinosaurs, and the 2 stroke trike is going to be the biggest dinosaur of them all! So, fix up your old tri-motos, 250R's and the like, they are museum pieces, and, if they can kick azz on the track still, all the better! (referring to the drag track, cause its no secret I got WHOOPED at the MX races LOL)

Trikeaholic
11-03-2004, 07:43 PM
Hey how does holic's air R run? Just got done riding our water-cooled R, sort of wondering how the air-cooled R's are........... :beer

I did not get beat in the drags at trikefest by anyone. MX was a different story. Im sure it was due to my poor riding skills on the MX track, but the drags were all mine. It was fun, and yes, I was surprised at how well the machine ran. There was a guy with a 310 TRX 250R that I beat up really bad- sure his machine ran poorly, but at the same time, I am the worst tuner out there! I love my 83, it is the most fun bike I have. Im not big on fancy technology.

Troll 2
11-03-2004, 11:36 PM
Very cool. I figure for their weight and power output, the air-cooled will be a blast. At least the cool factor is very high.... :D. Can you post up some more pic's of yours or do you have a link? I cant find any in the search.
Thanks........................................ :TrikesOwn

resto250r
11-04-2004, 01:56 AM
nice so is it the light that looks different? Do u still have the original light it came with I'm lookin for one. My guard is tweeked and plastic is cracked.