PDA

View Full Version : Update on the 350X Project. What a day!

ClayW
10-30-2004, 08:43 PM
Man what a day. I spent 3hrs getting 4 broken bolts out of there holes that I broke them off in. 2 of the handlebar bolts and both rear caliper mount bolts. The rear caliper was the worst. Anyway. I have everthing done pretty much. All im waiting on is the new front axle, and to complete my 450R exhaust conversion. Oh yeah and I have to replace the valve cores in the rear wheel/tires. They are shot and leak. Anyway. I have all new everything else practically. No joke. You guys might remember that I bought it for $400. Well with all the new parts I have about $1300 in it. I got the new bearings and seals in the front and rear axle. New OEM rear brake assembly. ALL OF IT. New PRM Grab bar installed, clutch, and kickstarter assembly. Dont get me started on it. :twisted: All new cables. and installed the new (used) carb. I got the new forks in yesterday. Im waiting for the axle to tackle them. All new plastic, and repainted tank, headlight assembly, and headlight guard are all ready to install. Thats about it. I know you guys want to see some pics. I will Take some tommorow. :D

jeswinehart
10-30-2004, 09:12 PM
hey clay ,,,, good to know of a good kick starter assembly person is at hand if i ever need mine worked on - lol !

it will be a great day indeed to see you doing some riding pics.

john

ClayW
10-30-2004, 09:15 PM
Yeah, I cant wait. I drove it the other day, before I tore the front end down. Didnt want to go too fast without any rear brakes. My rear caliper and master cylinder was SHOT. So I bought one off of DannyM44 on ebay. Perfect! All original. Even had the new original pads. Got it on there today.

smokinp
10-31-2004, 01:24 AM
good to hear!I want to see some pics! :TrikesOwn