PDA

View Full Version : my 200x has blue balls

jakey
10-29-2004, 08:17 PM
Guys i know i haven't posted in a loooonnng time....well a few months. but i left my 200x at my shop in Arkansas and haven't ridden it since then. But when I parked the day I parked it i noticed a HUGE amount of power loss. I dont know what could be causing this except for the fact that the very same day i noticed a significant sized whole in the exhaust(it was made that day) and I was wondering if that is what is causing the power loss?

Is this even possible because not all the air is escaping there(where the header meets the muffler) and some is coming out the muffler.

WHAT SHOULD I DO...im going to get my bike next week!!!!!!

I am thinking of just taking it in for a tune up and purchasing a new pipe....I KNOW this is going against my cardinal sin......NOBODY TOUCHES MY BIKE BUT ME!!!!!!!!

gasoline and whiskey
10-29-2004, 08:51 PM
I dont know that the hole in the pipe would cause drastic power loss,
it should be fixed, it could be leaning out your bike a bit.
i would start by doing a quick compression test, plug read, & timing check.
this can give you a few clues as to what is causing the loss,
does it seem to overheat?

jakey
10-29-2004, 09:15 PM
not really...its just that i noticed that i could not lift up the fron end of the bike even in first gear without leaning waaay back and dropping the clutch hard. its all low end loss. the top end still screams, even more then before...and its not overheating

84honda 200X
10-29-2004, 09:59 PM
Id give it a good tune up and then buy a new DG pipe for it.

smokinp
10-29-2004, 10:23 PM
a hole in the exhaust was cause a lose in back pressure,I would go with a Dg krome or a Bassain(very rare)

MTS
10-30-2004, 12:23 AM
if the hole is in the head pipe near the head then yes that would be the problem becuse of no backpressure i hope you didnt ride it too long like that or the chances are that your exaust valve could be warped/bent/burnt

hondawilly
10-31-2004, 07:55 PM
i rode my 125 whit nothing on it at all

Dammit!
10-31-2004, 09:01 PM
A hole in the head pipe can definitely cause that. I never got a hole in mine but I did have the bolts that fasten it to the head come off during a ride and had the exact same symptom. MAJOR power loss. Replaced the bolts and everything was fine.

PlatinumDogg
10-31-2004, 10:26 PM
A hole in the exhuast at the head is no big deal. Mine had one for ever, still has a small leak now. I get around to jury rigging it sometimes, but usually leaks again after couple rides.

When its not leaking, low end is crazy good, great torque, but then seems kinda sluggish up top. With the hole, low end is meh, but then mine would run like raped ape up top..

So its kind of a switch off, cheap way of gettin some more power up top :TrikesOwn

As for jetting, im am running stock jets with a weisco hi-comp, and the higher the compression leaner the mixture. Mine seems to do fine even with a hole in the exhuast :eek:

MTS
10-31-2004, 11:20 PM
platinum...the high comp piston is why yours is not being a bugger at low end..tho...i would still plug the hole or get a new head pipe becuse it will end up wrecking your exaust valve..then youl be pissed lol

jakey
11-01-2004, 04:42 PM
[
When its not leaking, low end is crazy good, great torque, but then seems kinda sluggish up top. With the hole, low end is meh, but then mine would run like raped ape up top..

So its kind of a switch off, cheap way of gettin some more power up top :TrikesOwn

EXACTLY...THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IM GETTING FROM IT...but i run alot of trails and tight stuff and i need my torque...or else id have a 2 stroke...im just trying to find the cheapest way of fixing it...cause i am seriously low on cash right now...gas is toooooo expensive especially when ya got a 5.4L f-150...it takes 40 bucks to fill that sucker up, and i spend a 2 bucks just going to school and back