PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Member Introduction etc. Hi Everyone!

Louis Mielke
10-29-2004, 07:05 PM
Hi Everyone,

My names Lou and I've been a lurker here on 3 wheeler world for quiet some time and finally decided to join the forum. Love the site and I am really impressed with the community. I can honestly say that it seems liek the people here are some of the friendliest on the net.

Well I've been riding dirt bikes, ATVs and trikes since I was 13, my father got me started on a 5hp briggs&straton mini bike and I've been hooked ever since. Someof my rides include/have included:

1976 Kawasaki KE100 - currently still own, love the dumb thing.
1980 Yamaha YT125 - sold, shoulda kept it. it was alot of fun.
1986 Honda CR80 - sold, it was my first money pit. lol
2001 Honda CR80 - sold for money to rebulild my 2nd trike.
1985 Yamaha YTM225DX - my 2nd trike, rebuilt completely and sold. shoudln't have. (this was a blue Tri-moto)
1985 Yamaha YTM225DX - Currently still own and ride. bought this from a drunk guy for $100. Only thing wrong with it was a broken drive shaft knuckle. Fixed for nothing as I had extra parts from the first 225DX.
1978 Honda ATC90 - Currently still own. Got for free and spent $400 in a rebuild including, complete topend rebuild (piston,rings,valves,etc), new 79 ATC110 plastic from maire, (fit perfectly except I had to cut a minor hole in center of rear fenders to clear the frame) and 3 new tires. still needs a seat.

I also have a 1985 Yamaha YT125 and 1983 Yamaha YT175 down in the barn that are hopefully going to be rebuild projects eventually.

And then my current project, my Baby, I'm converting a CR500 dirt bike into a ATC500R. You can check it out here: http://tiger.towson.edu/~lmielk1
Its obviously not finished yet but i am working on it. Its gonna be so freaking plush when I'm done. I have more pictures to post on the site but thats comming along slowly. Let me know whay you thing of it and if you ave any sugestions.

Lastly, a little more about myself. I'm 23 and attend school at Towson University in Maryland. i'm a computer Information Systems major and am currenltly working at my fathers automotive repair garrage. I do most of my own work on my stuff with the exception of machine work. I will say that I 've been looking for some friends and a new location to ride at because around where I live is starting to really develop and new people moving in don't take kindly to ATVs and the like. If theres anyone in PA or MD that needs a riding buddy or two, (I got my neighbor into trikes, he's got a YTM200N) then please drop me an E-mail.

Also. I'm currently looking to upgrade my ride. If theres anyone with a HondaATC200X or 350X that is in need of repair but is complete (yes I want a one that needs repaired, not a running machine) I'm looking to hopefiully buy for a resonable price (trikes on e-bay are getting so rediculous) or work out a trade with my ATC90 and or my YTM225DX (runs great, starts on second pull, shaft drive, newer 90% tires, electric start works but needs a battery, great woods machine, wheelie machine) or maybe you need two yamaha YT125/175 rollers. etc. The Kawasaki is my first real dirt bike (my first lovel lol) so its not availible for trade.

Well Thanks for anyone who read my post and feel free to drop me and line and you'll definatly being seeing me in the forum more often. Thanks again to everyoner and keep on riding.

~ Louis

84honda 200X
10-29-2004, 07:19 PM
Welcome to the board! Man that 500R looks sweat ive always wondered if somethin like that was posible.

clong
10-29-2004, 07:22 PM
Welcome to the board Louis. You seem not only talanted but very creative. That 500R is mean looking. I can't imagine what that will be like holding onto at full throttle. Look forward to seeing you around in the forums, Chris

thefox
10-29-2004, 07:54 PM
Welcome to 3 Wheeler World! That atc 500 project looks sweet! How much rear travel do you have on that thing :eek: ?

Pistonhead
10-29-2004, 08:18 PM
Welcome to 3 wheeler world man! Like you I lurked around the site and forums for a few years before joining the board, you should love it here, great people all with common intrests, and new stuff to look at or discuss daily! Yor 500r project looks sweet and its got me drooling already! As far as I know no one has ever taken both quad and dirtbike parts together to make a trike like that, its sort of revolutionary to take that classic mean power of the cr500 and integrate it with the slick suspension of a new quad! My hat goes off to you. Love the trikes and hope to see you around!

Louis Mielke
10-29-2004, 11:37 PM
Thanks alot for all the props on my 500. I just thought to myself, I wanna build this with current parts. Honestly I'm not sure of the total travel yet as the supensions settings are not final. I'm still far from final assembly. I hope to put up the section explaining exactly how the swing arm build went. It turned out awsome espeacailly after I got it polished. As I said. hoep to get more up soon.

skullatc
10-30-2004, 12:09 AM
Lou, VERY nice 500R. I want to build one some day, hopefully it will happen. I too just joined this site, well actually I joined a long time ago and only came here a few times until a couple days ago. See you around the site, can't wait to learn more and watch your 500R come together :D

85_250SX
10-30-2004, 12:20 AM
Is that a carpeted floor? My wife would shoot me!

Wife-----> http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14/14_6_12.gif http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/panic2.gif<-------Me

Louis Mielke
10-30-2004, 02:08 AM
Carpet lol! Thats is actually a machine shop beleive it or not. My machinist buddys wife does embroidery in one half of the building and he has an EDM RAM mahcine, 2 EDM wire machines, several mills and a lathe along with several other machines and a very complete welding station. i'm very fortunate to know him. He has been an incredible help in my project.
His wifes embroidery is kinda taking over queit abit of the shop so it often looks very messy in the shop. Its kinda like a uncontrolable cancer....but hey...you know how it is keeping women happy. of course.....give em half your shop and they'll take over most of it.lol ..............something thats kinda funny come to mention it is that after she moved the embroidery stuff in, he finishedthe inside of a shed behind the shop so he/we would have somewhere to retreat to. We call the annex the drinking shop. more nascar and beer gets done there than machine work. lol

Louis Mielke
10-30-2004, 04:12 AM
Also just wanted to add real quick that I just got the section for the Swing arm build on my website. Go check it out, just scroll to the bottom of my sites main page and you'll find a link to the next part of the page. Ok. I'm done for the evening. Catch everyone on the next post.

http://tiger.towson.edu/~lmielk1/Welcome.html

~ Lou

smokinp
10-30-2004, 11:22 AM
good job!!!

trikerider2oo7
10-30-2004, 12:28 PM
welcome to the board lou...that 500R IS SICK!!! you got to much travel on that rear suspension lol...how high do you like to jump?

i also used to have a ke100 1995...got rid of it over the summer but damn was it a fun bike to ride

twgranger
10-30-2004, 12:59 PM
Very nice 500R!!

MTS
10-30-2004, 02:05 PM
welcome to the site...that is one mean lookin 500R ....also...that 90 sounds like how i got mine...lol..

CHAINSAW
10-30-2004, 05:51 PM
Welcome to the site. Your how to guide on the 500R is killer man, thanks a lot. Most people dont wanna give out "secrets" on project, and wont help anyone. Props to you for showing step by step how to do it, its appreciated man..