PDA

View Full Version : ATC 70 question

atc110
10-28-2004, 01:03 PM
Today I spotted a 1984 ATC70 behind a house. It is complete except for the seat. The fenders are kind of beat and the kill switch looks like it might be rigged up some weird way. No one was home, but if they say they might sell it to me when I ask, how much should i offer and how high should I go. I am just looking for some suggestions, and always want to add another ATC to the stable.
thanks

mike from long island
10-28-2004, 01:21 PM
really depends on the condition. i would make an honest offer. if they say make an offer start low. work from there you can pretty much feel out a person just talking to them. my brother just traded a turbo 350 tranny for an 83 atc70. his only needs tires,shifter,and thats about it. it runs and he drove it just has a bad flat front tire. good luck

atc110
10-28-2004, 02:27 PM
I thought that I'd offer 50-100. Is that an insult. Idon't have any thing to lose do I?

hondatrikesrule22
10-28-2004, 02:59 PM
It is hard to say how much it is worth because I can't see it. Start at around $75, and if they say no, offer more and go from there.That way, you won't throw out a large amount as a first offer, and you won't be getting ripped off. Make sure you tell them you are not trying to insult them. And one last thing, don't offer them money that you don't have. I can't stand bulls&*t offers I get from stupid kids. And I am not even trying to sell my machine. :evil:

thefox
10-28-2004, 05:49 PM
I thought that I'd offer 50-100. Is that an insult. Idon't have any thing to lose do I?

Go with cash and look at it in better detail. $50-$100 sounds about right to me if it hasn't been used in a while. Going with cash in hand can be the turning point in alot of cases. I went with a friend to buy a moped and the guy wouldn't take less then $150 for it, after we showed him $100 cash and he turned it down we started to leave then he changed his mind. Remember that a working complete 70 in good shape would top out at $350-$400 or so.

OH-MAN
11-01-2004, 11:54 PM
I have found that it is best to insist that they make the first offer that way if it real nice you can go for it without feeling like you took advantage of the person that may not know the value. They will probablly find out later what it was worth and then it's their fault they sold it cheap not yours.