PDA

View Full Version : New update to 86 ATC 250r restoration at Vintage Motorsports

vintagemotorsports
01-08-2003, 11:52 AM
this is a couple of pics of our project 86 250r, I got the bars and the controls on , all the electrical is in , I installed the swing arm and rear suspension, front tire is all mounted and hub is restored,whating on some parts to come back from the plating shop , I will send in some more pics as it progresses. Any body need restoration work check us out at www.vintagemotorsports.net
thanks
Mike

86waterpumper
01-08-2003, 01:26 PM
I'd say that right there is getting as close to a time machine as you are going to get. Nice project! Is that for a customer or personal use? What would a restoration like that cost if joe public wanted one out of curiosity?

cmracer15
01-08-2003, 03:15 PM
that think looks SWEET! if i had one that nice i would'nt have the balls to ride it :rolleyes:

rd200x
01-08-2003, 04:36 PM
That thing rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tony_250r
01-08-2003, 05:16 PM
Are you building that 86 with a complete used bike, or, are you using parts from difference sources? That’s a nice start to say the least, good job so far.

vintagemotorsports
01-08-2003, 05:48 PM
I am building this one for my personal collection, It wont be ridden (as long as I own it anyway) just going to be displayed in our showroom a bike like this you really cant ride, too much time has gone in to detail and there are a ton of N.O.S parts that you simply cant get anymore. As far as a cost to do a bike like this its hard to say it all depends on how crazy you want to go, typically people want individual parts or certain items restored and they assemble the machine. I really do enjoy restoring ATCs theres something about looking at a finished bike that you know will never exist again. I will send some more pics as we finish it up . wait till all the N.O.S plastic and N.O.S seat go on then its really going to come together.
Thanks
Mike (Vintage motorsports)

ATCRYDER
01-08-2003, 06:40 PM
I was jsut about to compliemnt you on there today when I saw the "workshop" post but I was really busy working (working!?!? lol).

I must say its beautful!!

That cant be a brand new engine? or is it? maybe a low hours used one. That is amazing.

I congratulate you.
And one mroe thing: If its a new OEM frame, Then it is officially (in the eyes of DMV) a 2003 Frame :-D

ROB