PDA

View Full Version : 250R rider just hit by 50mph truck.......

Mike Fort Laud
10-24-2004, 07:54 PM
I just came from out riding my 250R and saw another guy on a 250R get hit square on by a Dodge extended cab 1/2 ton pick up. Me and my friends just got back to the truck to fuel up and have a cold drink and we were watching a guy on a 250R ripping around. My buddys said there was my race to go get that 250R. We started our bikes and as I got to the top of the hill I saw the guy going across the road (Chrome Ave.) and he must have never saw the Dodge truck coming. It hit him perfectly center of the bumper. The driver of the truck said she was going 50 mph. The guy on the 250R was not wearing a helmet. He looked as bad as you can imagine. The 250R was folded up. The axle was bent straight back and the frame is twisted. Just a bad deal all the way around. He was airlifted out and was going to the Trauma Center. I hope the best for him. I don't even know his name. My friends were joking with me about wearing my helmet all day. after they saw thet poor guy they may buy one also. WEAR YOUR PROTECTIVE GEAR !!!!

kryppy
10-24-2004, 07:59 PM
I just came from out riding my 250R and saw another guy on a 250R get hit square on by a Dodge extended cab 1/2 ton pick up. Me and my friends just got back to the truck to fuel up and have a cold drink and we were watching a guy on a 250R ripping around. My buddys said there was my race to go get that 250R. We started our bikes and as I got to the top of the hill I saw the guy going across the road (Chrome Ave.) and he must have never saw the Dodge truck coming. It hit him perfectly center of the bumper. The driver of the truck said she was going 50 mph. The guy on the 250R was not wearing a helmet. He looked as bad as you can imagine. The 250R was folded up. The axle was bent straight back and the frame is twisted. Just a bad deal all the way around. He was airlifted out and was going to the Trauma Center. I hope the best for him. I don't even know his name. My friends were joking with me about wearing my helmet all day. after they saw thet poor guy they may buy one also. WEAR YOUR PROTECTIVE GEAR !!!!

At Macs? That really sucks.

Yamahauler
10-24-2004, 08:06 PM
that sounds like he was lucky to be alive, gotta make sure you check real good before crossing roads.

when i lived out on a farm, there was a seven year old kid driving his quad with no helmet, a truck came and he hit him. im not sure how fast the truck was going, but it messed up the quad real bad, i was fairly young then but i helped them load the quad after it was hit, and i remember the one wheel was sideways. They ended up getting the quad fixed, as for the kid, he got a few bruises and scapes nothing real bad. he was real lucky

Mr. Sandman
10-26-2004, 05:01 PM
Here we go again. Stupidity at it's best. Who'll be blamed this time, Dodge or Honda?

83185s
10-26-2004, 05:34 PM
honda i can almost garuntee it..i can hear it now..another wreck on a 3 wheeler better known as an "atc" blah blah blah blah blah he saw the truck and thouhgt his honda 250r could make it but it didnt he was wearing a helmet but since trikes are so dangerous he still is barely alive...(he wasnt wearing a helmet but newscasters blow it way out of proportion!)

200xalltheway
10-26-2004, 06:23 PM
Who'll be blamed this time, Dodge or Honda?

neither.
the woman driver. LOL!! but anyway i hope the guy survives.

TrikeKid
10-26-2004, 09:43 PM
and people still look at me funny or call me stupid when i say you need a helmet on an atv. theres a few road crossings on one of my favorite trails at Tahuya and i always have to sit for a minute to be absolutly sure.

ScottZJ
10-26-2004, 09:55 PM
Actions speak louder than words, is all I have to say. Wear your gear and live.

smokinp
10-26-2004, 11:03 PM
ouch!keep us updated....

SPD FRK
10-27-2004, 01:42 AM
Who'll be blamed this time, Dodge or Honda?

Perhaps a ban on pick-ups is in order. :rolleyes:

threewheelin-feelin
10-27-2004, 04:59 PM
:( :( :(

Fox250R
10-28-2004, 03:42 PM
Kinda funny what he said, He made a comment on the condition of the bike before the rider LOL!!! Thats a true hardcore 3wheeler fan if i ever saw one!!

simonswanson
10-28-2004, 03:47 PM

Thats right on man pick ups are only needed for transporting trikes
:beer

250sxer
04-07-2005, 09:49 AM

dont do that.....we need a way to carry our trikes around!!!!

Just ban Dodges!!!! lol

Billy Golightly
04-07-2005, 10:02 AM
dont do that.....we need a way to carry our trikes around!!!!

Just ban Dodges!!!! lol

....And to bash on dodges was the point of bumping this 6 month old thread?

seadoo650
04-07-2005, 10:45 AM
The mighty Mopar rules the road. Get used to it.
They made helmets for a reason....They save lives.

Bender
04-07-2005, 10:49 AM
....And to bash on dodges was the point of bumping this 6 month old thread?

GOOD ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thought i read a thread just like this one

Huffa
04-07-2005, 09:15 PM

They may buy one? How possibly stupid can they be? :rolleyes:

rustbucket
04-07-2005, 10:08 PM
Did you ever find out if the guy lived?? Also did you talk to him and buy the trike i would for parts

83185s
04-07-2005, 10:30 PM
yea i was wonderin y this thread is back also..its pretty old

1shot
04-08-2005, 12:46 AM
Dodge truck? ............. I guess he should have.

I ran a honda 750 street bike off an "S" curve back about 19-20 years ago to avoid a head on with a car (drunk driver in my lane) and sailed off a 30 foot embankment and hit a tree head on (with MY head).
The helmet cracked down the center and was only connected by the chin strap.
I don't even want to think about how it would have turned out if I wasn't wearing it.
Only got 4 broken ribs and a broken wrist. pretty lucky I think for hitting a tree face first at about 60 MPH.

85 250sx
04-08-2005, 08:47 PM
this past summer two crotch rockets were racing around at 100+ and the one bike went onto the oncoming lane to pass the othere bike and hit a jeep head on the jeep was also doing like 50. well the guy on the bike died instantly his body blew up into shreads when they where picking everything up they picked up his helmet and his head was still strapped in there. its by far the worst accident ive ever heard about

LonesomeTriZ
04-08-2005, 09:17 PM
I am all for wearing a helmet. However, do you all really think after a hit like that a helmet would have really made that much difference? They are a good piece of protective gear, but they are not a cure all. I have friends at the local fire departments who respond to motorcycle wrecks on the interstate. A lot of them have similar stories about how a helmet will either save your life or help take it. At high speeds you are more likely to get decapitated if you are wearing a helmet than anything else. But then again, at a high speed impact I think that is the least of your concerns.

250Rfanatic85
03-20-2009, 09:56 PM
I remember his old ass thread.....who else does? That trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro had to suck

rdlsz24
03-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Did he live? Where are you Mike Fort Laud? lol this thread is 5 years old.

Rob

Hoosier_Daddy
03-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Well, since this thread has been bumped from many years ago, I am curious too, how the guy ended up. I hope he made it through OK.

grancuda
03-21-2009, 12:02 AM
On street bikes, at 100 plus, a helmet determines if you get a closed casket or open casket.

threewheelin-feelin
03-21-2009, 01:19 AM
On street bikes, at 100 plus, a helmet determines if you get a closed casket or open casket.

or sometimes just so the head stays intact so they can identify you

The Goat
03-21-2009, 01:21 AM
buddy of mine sheered a street sign off with his body a few years back... it ended in a draw.

am I the only one who thinks that you should always look left and right?

greythorn3
03-21-2009, 02:57 AM
i believe in helmet, but i did have a friend die on a sportbike when his helmet hit a curb snaping his neck in a lowside... if he didnt have it on he would have more then likely died with head trama anyhow, dont think your invincible with a helmet on.

Ray