PDA

View Full Version : And so it begans

GreyhoundRugby
10-24-2004, 05:23 PM
Seeing as how i have the bike and have done alot of cosmetic stuff (tank bonded and primed, new plastics coming, etc) time for the power :twisted:. Anyone send ideas for exhaust, cam, piston, tires/rims, and gears. I want a good trail bike with alot of pickup, i dunno wat the stock speed is so i dont know what i want as top end but a good wheelie/trail bike is good enough

smokinp
10-24-2004, 06:05 PM
is it a 200x?

GreyhoundRugby
10-24-2004, 06:36 PM
yep 85 200x

84honda 200X
10-24-2004, 08:19 PM
how much money you lookin to spend? Go to www.powroll.com they got big bore kits cams stroked cranks almost anything for the motor and they aint to expensive either.

short4stuff
10-24-2004, 09:12 PM
how much money you lookin to spend? Go to www.powroll.com they got big bore kits cams stroked cranks almost anything for the motor and they aint to expensive either.

Umm .. the first kit i seen is like 700$ ... YIKES.

GreyhoundRugby
10-24-2004, 09:29 PM
no kiddn but thats a full kit i wanna mix up my parts, i got a nice long list :twisted:

Dg Krome Power 4:140
Moose air filter:16
10 Quart super jug:20
Fenders (black): 140
66m bire:200
hot cam: 128
Then with the deal i have on powder coating and painting about 150
I think i will have a pretty bad *** 200x
Itd be cool that if at trikefest there was like a best in show for each model with over 3 or 4 entries. Id like to see how a more customized 200x does

Dammit!
10-24-2004, 09:31 PM
If it's just going to be a trail bike, start off with a better air filter and pipe and then go from there. You might find it's pretty close to what you want stock. If you still need more power, a high compression piston, performance cam and maybe a bigger carb would round it out. It's a good idea to use stiffer valve springs when you get a more agressive cam though.

Dammit!
10-24-2004, 09:34 PM
Oh yeah, from a cosmetic standpoint, ditch the stock front fender and headlight and get a front fender of an 85/86 R and a headlight from either the same model R or a 350x. They look FAR better dressed up that way.

GreyhoundRugby
10-24-2004, 10:02 PM
i also think those old style baja lights are pretty sweet. But i put this on the first thread its black frame, white swinger, and forks are staying with that brushed alum. look

BigGreenMachine
10-24-2004, 10:26 PM
Trail bike, pretty cool bike to start with, 200X's are close to perfect trail bikes neway. You may want to skip the bore as a good cam and high comp piston will give more power than a bore on a 200x.

Whats this?
10 Quart super jug:20

Might recommend a nice swingarm and motor skidplate as well as some trail tires.

One question though...what kind of trails are you goin to be riding?

GreyhoundRugby
10-24-2004, 10:32 PM
i meant to put 1 quart my friend has one on his foreman its like an nos bottls that straps down somewhere on trailprotrailpro vehicle and holds gas lets u take longer rides i wanna do cannonballs ive done it in cars and i think itd b awesome offroad (not that i didnt put the z71 through one or two shorcuts) i beat a 03 subaru wrx ha ha

Small hills nothing steep or big, wooded, and wet

BigGreenMachine
10-24-2004, 11:13 PM
what you listed should werk and look great, im tryin to find some handlebar mounted lights for my Tecate so i can night ride.

GreyhoundRugby
10-24-2004, 11:19 PM
On the trike fest 05 post i put up some ideas for a threewheelr best in show ha ha. I think itll be an awesome bike too, hopefully by trikefest i can take it out and show how the canadian boys do it (i live in indiana now just so u know huge HUGE change), plus i wanna whoop some guys *** thats alot older and has more money than me

MTS
10-25-2004, 12:03 AM
where is the thed for trike fest 05? i would like to go..where is the info?:D

GreyhoundRugby
10-25-2004, 07:58 AM
The riding forum

Wickedfinger
10-25-2004, 12:15 PM
Why does eveybody try and turn the poor little ATC200X into something it isn't. The first thing you should do is invest in a set of good aftermarket rims and tires. After that, you should limit your hop ups to a good pipe, jet kit with filter, medium compression Wiseco piston with a new clean bore, replace the timing chain and maybe - maybe go with an 200X or even XR200 grind aftermarket cam and new springs. Tires and rims for the back = $200 w/ shipping, Pipe = $150, K&N Jet kit - $50, Wiseco = $90, Overbore = $40 - $60, timing chain - $25, Cam = $120, springs $25, gaskets - $30. Everything for around $750 - and thats without new plastics, seat, and decals. If you want anything else - get a 350X or R.

smokinp
10-25-2004, 01:20 PM
i would go with 10.25:1 compression wiseco piston,bore .20 over,webcam,bassani exhaust(if you can find it)20 inch tires and gear it according...

GreyhoundRugby
10-25-2004, 05:26 PM
Wicked finger why do ppl hop up 90cc preds? Its having a fun fast machine and in a small package, i like the 200x and i want to have fun with it

Wickedfinger
10-25-2004, 09:44 PM
Wicked finger why do ppl hop up 90cc preds? Its having a fun fast machine and in a small package, i like the 200x and i want to have fun with it

... its not the hopping up I have an issue with - its people thinking they can turn a pony into a race horse thats the problem. For the amount of money you need to spend on an ATC200X to make it comparable to a 350X or even late R, you could just buy the X or R and even then you'ed never have the suspension. Its just impossible to coax the R's 38hp or even the 350X's 28hp out of a 12hp motor and a 200X only weighs 10lbs less than an R. Hey, I love the little X's - I've owned 3 of them in my days - one '84 and 2 '85's - but I never fooled myself into thinking it was anything but a 200X. Personally I would have alot more respect for someone that restored one to stock cherry showroom than to see one thats modded all out of what it was meant to be - a good all around trail bike.

GreyhoundRugby
10-25-2004, 09:53 PM
I agree the stock x was a great bike and ppl like to restore em to stock. I wanna take it and make it a nice and quick trike, sure a 350x or 250r can whoop a 200x but wats the fun in buying something you know is faster. I wanna make people fear my mini x ha ha. People excpect there 7k quad to loose to an 350x or 250r but expect to spank a mini x, and i wanna put a smile on trike fans by embarrasing some of these new machines with wats looks like a tame little trike. regardless i see your point and i see mine, anwyas my defensive tackle *** is gonna need a little bit more power. O and who says she cant be a race horse?? look at those racing pics of the iowa race I believe a 200x beat every1

83185s
10-25-2004, 09:54 PM
pretty sweet ideas greyhoundrugby..but thats an aweful lot to be puttin on somethin for trails..id get a pipe and cam for the trails then around trikefest time put the other stuff on since its mostly sand and trails.. isnt it up there in laurel?? i might be goin this time around last time i couldnt cause it was a few days before school started and my mom didnt want me going anywhere...and it didnt run at the time..pos.caugh caugh...anyway yea those are some good ideas man i hope it works out for u

GreyhoundRugby
10-25-2004, 09:56 PM
hey thanks man if we go well show em how indiana boys can hold down, and with the cash flow i have this winter i think i like my chances, ull take a spin on it and ill ask ya if u think it was a waste ha ha. O and thanx for them tire links

Dammit!
10-25-2004, 10:01 PM
Even with all the mods you're planning it's still going to be tame compared to the new generation, high powered quads. Mine was fast for an X. I could dust all the other X's and bikes in it's class but a 350x or R or something like a Banshee or Raptor would have eaten it alive. Not even a full blown Curtis Sparks X could keep up with a stock R.

Give it all the extra pep you want though. I guess my point is just, don't have any delusions about being able to whoop anything on it except other bikes in it's class. Just fix it up and have fun. :beer

GreyhoundRugby
10-25-2004, 10:06 PM
I agree im not aiming to take on a quadzilla or brute force in any way, i want it to rationaly be a competitive bike (i forgot to put that on the last thread i know some one would jump on that ha ha), but i just dont want anyone to down another trike goin from a part out to a well powered trike for its model is all. Ppl just have diffrent ideas eh.

Dammit!
10-25-2004, 10:10 PM
As long as it's another trike that somebody cares enough about to keep running, I'm happy. If they care enough about it to keep it running AND fix it up a bit, even better. Just don't go hacking on the thing with a plasma cutter or anything like that. Please. ;)

GreyhoundRugby
10-25-2004, 10:13 PM
well i was gonna cut it in half then weld it back together to give it a chopper look. i think itd handle awesome. PSYCH. I hear you man i hope this will be one of the nicer 200's at trike fest, ah a compliment to trike fest ppl are building bikes to be competitive there

BigGreenMachine
10-25-2004, 10:32 PM
look at those racing pics of the iowa race I believe a 200x beat every1

It beat a bunch of similary prepared 200X's, not 250r's and Tecates.

If you want a trail bike then a 200X is great but if you want a trail bike that will win some drag races against new quads then a well modded 350X is what you want.

GreyhoundRugby
10-25-2004, 10:38 PM
True a 350 would be the best choise, but i need to work with wat i have and im happy with the 200 anyways, id have more fun cramming a bunch of power into a 200 than the three fifty in my opinion

BigGreenMachine
10-25-2004, 10:51 PM
greyhoundrugby, I completely understand, I'd love to mod the heck out of a 200X and I would if I had one. I'm not a "leave it stock" kinda person, my Tecate is far from stock. I love the idea of a woods style 200X and cant wait to see your finished version.

BigGreenMachine
10-25-2004, 10:53 PM
on another note, did you know that the 350X shock and forks will fit on a 200X? Do a search on this site for details.

83185s
10-25-2004, 10:59 PM
really..what if he couldnt find a 350 or an r..i couldnt do any better than a 185s and im struggling to keep it going.. every last penny from my paycheck is going to the dam thing it it doesnt run again..i had an offer today from some kid who wants a trike despritly enough hes willing to trade me a yz 250 dirt bike! i told him id think about it since i like trikes to and im not real used to halndling dirtbikes in the mud and trails like a am a trike or quad..its different..if i could do it as easily with the dirtbike as with a trike or quad id said done deal but i couldnt...if all he has to work with is a 200x then leave him to it...u guys always dog on people about havin pussy *** trike or some other stupid stuff..yea mines a pos but thats all i could do and im strugglin with it..now yea hes got money but maybe thats what he wanted..im sure all of you have wanted something before and finally get it then u want to customize it and everything else..u see my point? just give him some ideas and stop critisizing what he wants to do...GGGEEEEEEZZZZ WHATS THIS WORLD COME TO NOWADAYS!!!

Dammit!
10-25-2004, 11:06 PM
I don't think anybody here reffered to a 200x as a pussy bike. I loved mine to death (and nearly rode it to death too). I'm going to get another one eventually.

I can't speak for anyone else but my input was only intended to make sure his expectations are realistic so he doesn't end up being disappointed in his decision on which trike to buy.

As for the YZ 250, what year was it? Might be worth considering if it's value on the open market is more than the trike and you want to get something else and need the cash. A YZ would probably be easier to sell. Food for thought.

GreyhoundRugby
10-25-2004, 11:11 PM
I didnt have many choices here in central indiana, and if i had to go and buy the bike for 700-1000 i wouldnt put much more into it, but i got it for 200 for a trike that is in pretty good shape, and stay with the 185 man unless that 250 is realy nice and u could sell it for more ha ha

BigGreenMachine
10-25-2004, 11:24 PM
really..what if he couldnt find a 350 or an r..i couldnt do any better than a 185s and im struggling to keep it going.. every last penny from my paycheck is going to the dam thing it it doesnt run again..i had an offer today from some kid who wants a trike despritly enough hes willing to trade me a yz 250 dirt bike! i told him id think about it since i like trikes to and im not real used to halndling dirtbikes in the mud and trails like a am a trike or quad..its different..if i could do it as easily with the dirtbike as with a trike or quad id said done deal but i couldnt...if all he has to work with is a 200x then leave him to it...u guys always dog on people about havin pussy *** trike or some other stupid stuff..yea mines a pos but thats all i could do and im strugglin with it..now yea hes got money but maybe thats what he wanted..im sure all of you have wanted something before and finally get it then u want to customize it and everything else..u see my point? just give him some ideas and stop critisizing what he wants to do...GGGEEEEEEZZZZ WHATS THIS WORLD COME TO NOWADAYS!!!

LOL You need to re-read the thread.

83185s
10-26-2004, 05:28 PM
well my 185 is a pos and the 250 is worth way more than the 185..the only problem is the cdi..wich is no big deal...what do you mean by re-read the thread? everyone was saying he should have bought a 350x or a 250r..hes right there isnt much to choose from here in indiana..i say just let him do what he wants with his trike and if he doesnt like what he did then he can get new parts to replace the ones he doesnt like

83185s
10-26-2004, 05:30 PM
i think the kid is trying to get rid of the dirtbike because it is stolen but im not for sure...the way he put some things today it sounded stolen so i may not trade..i put that sucker on ebay or indiana auto and rv and ill be screwed! so i prolly wont even know i want something like that

MTS
10-26-2004, 07:27 PM
well 83185s look see if the vins are field off and see if he gets nevous when you say your gona put it in the paper or something...and look real hard...mention about a guy you know who had one stolen just like this and see how he reacts...its always funny to toy with peoples heads :D

TimSr
10-26-2004, 09:19 PM
i think the kid is trying to get rid of the dirtbike because it is stolen but im not for sure...the way he put some things today it sounded stolen so i may not trade..i put that sucker on ebay or indiana auto and rv and ill be screwed! so i prolly wont even know i want something like that

Whats the problem? Wasnt that you that was saying YOURS was a known stolen trike just a few weeks ago????

83185s
10-26-2004, 09:39 PM
yea but mine has been way down the line stolen and re painted quite a few times and its not the same frame and alot of other things this one is still how it was tim sr. and im not for sure if it is but im gonna ask tomarrow..alos not as many people keep looking for a pos 185 atc like they will a 199-? yz 250 dirt bike ok its like $2000 vs $200