PDA

View Full Version : 350x Carb Problem HELP!!

ClayW
10-23-2004, 08:58 PM
Well, im got the bike back together and driveable today. I put the carb I got off EBAY that was suppose to be AOK. Well It cranked right up. Idled great. After prob 10 minutes of running, I got on it and rode it down the hill and back. When i got up to the driveway I stopped and killed it. It was still ideling fine before I killed it. When I got off I noticed that one of the two hoses on the bottom of the carb was belching gas out. Why would it suddenly do this? Its a plastic tank, so theres no crap in the tank. Dad said that a piece of crap prob got stuck under the needle valve and is not shutting all the way allowing gas to get by. What do you guys think? It shouldnt need a kit. As I said it ran great for a while. Let me know. This might be a stupid question, but im not a carb man. Where is the needle valve located. How can I get to it on the 350X? Thanks in advance. :beer

ThreeKing
10-23-2004, 10:31 PM
You have to remember the carb is 20 years old. It might have a little dirt or corrosion in it, and it has been sitting somewhere. Old carbs are alright, they just need cleaning. I like using Mothers alum polish with an old toothbrush on the outside to brighten the carb up. If a carb overflows when the motor is stopped, the float and inlet valve are stuck, tap the outside of the bowl with a non-marring tool. that should seat it.

NOS_350X
10-23-2004, 11:32 PM
OK eather your float is stuck or the drain screw backe itself out. Tap the side of the bowl (the bottom) with the handle of a screwdriver and see if that dosent stop it. If it dosent theres a flathead screw on the bottom of the non exhaust side of the of the carb and just tighted it up, one of those will fix trailprotrailpro problem.

ClayW
10-24-2004, 09:51 AM
Ok. Thanks for the tip NOS. I checked the screw yesteday and it was tight. Must be the float. I will check it out. :beer