PDA

View Full Version : New member, 1st time ATC owner!

Damian702
10-23-2004, 01:43 PM
Greetings new fellow members:

Just purchased a Yamaha trike and cannot say what model or type it

is...Need help distinguishing what the numbers by my engine identify.

I'm also an owner of a Yamaha ATV, and I can safely say that my 3 wheeler

is more fun. When I go out riding, my friends can us the ATV, but no one

rides my trike! Really glad this site exist, there is so much information here.

Thanks to all of you for your help.

Any fellow Las Vegas trike owners please let me know.

Damian702

Billy Golightly
10-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Any chance you can get a picture of it? That will help us identify it. Welcome to the site :)

MIK6
10-23-2004, 02:45 PM
Welcome to the site DAMIAN702.
You will have a blast here. I am sure people from the site can give you an idea on what type of trike you have w/ a discription and a few questions. First its a Yamaha. What else can you tell us about it? Color, 2 stroke or 4, rear suspension, front suspension, racks, reverse, gas tank location, chain drive or shaft, motor placement(is it way back in the frame), ect...??? W/ that info I am sure the guys can narrow it way down for you. Once its narrowed down more spacific questions will be asked to get it correct for you.
Congrats on it what ever it is.

GOOD LUCK W/ IT
MIK6 / Mike

thefox
10-23-2004, 03:14 PM
If you post the egine # I can let you know year and model.

Damian702
10-23-2004, 03:32 PM
Thanks you guys for your quick response...I can wait to get to know my trike and

share all my expriences with newcomers in the future.

Well, I will get a pic once I replace my broken digital camera but for now here

is some detailed info: The color is customized so that wont help, it has racks on front

and rear, a hitch, electric start as well as the same start I use on my lawnmower,lol,

but works great! It also has front and rear suspension, no reverse unless I havent

figured it out,but for the most part it does not say reverse...Um, no chain drive, it is

a shaft drive,motor is almost in the middle, and a front headlight.

manual trans. which I hit up to change and down to lower, seems it has 5 speeds.

Gas opening is up on front middle almost directly behind my panel which has a big

green neutral light and off/on. Looked around the motor for any ID but all I can find is

a number 21V00. There is also another number: Mitsubi SM-7255, Battery? Two hand

brakes and a foot brake. Rides like new, and is very strong....I'm very happy with it

but just wish I knew more about my trike...:( I would like start my first tune-up, but im
afraid to without any documentation...If you guys can help that would be great. I will post some pics as soon as I buy a new camera this week.....

Talk to you guys later,

Proud member
Rick

thefox
10-23-2004, 03:37 PM
Well, you have a Yamaha YTM 225 dx. They were made from 1983-1985. The vin # should be on the frame neck behind the headlight and is also on the engine case on the right side almost under the carb.

thefox
10-23-2004, 03:43 PM
Clymer makes a great repair manual for this trike which you can get at most Yamaha dealers and bookstores. This is a must in my opinion if you have never worked on something like this. It describes a full tear down and rebuild as was as simple mantaince.

Damian702
10-23-2004, 04:00 PM
I know this elderly man who has another customized trike,thanks to The Fox,I know now that it is now! A '85 YTM 225 DX.Looks like new, turned right on the first try, and he has painted the whole body.No damage at all and the tires look new. He has not used for years and is asking for 1,000. This seems like alot but I'am not sure what value this holds. Im so happy with mine that I would give him 1,000 right now for it, but I would like some feedback for my fellow members first. There is no hurry because he is not selling it to the public. It happens that this elderly man is a customer of my fathers.
Thanks for you help...

83185s
10-23-2004, 06:30 PM
thats a good trike you got one of my friends has one..there very good