PDA

View Full Version : Gas tank restoration anyone???

Fox250R
10-21-2004, 02:05 PM
my best friend repairs plastic and does tons of othere things to trikes is fixing gas tanks on ebay all you do is send it to him and them a week later you get it back and it looks brand new, you all know he does it just look at my tank its awsome he asked me to post something on here so you all could see it thans for looking atc gas tank restoration-click here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2496418960&category=43965)

86250RZ
10-21-2004, 02:47 PM
No pics are coming up for me on ebay.

jeswinehart
10-21-2004, 06:13 PM
the link went thru for me just fine.
yep ,,, looks like he do real nice work alright ,,, very nice !

john

Lots_Of_Nothing
10-21-2004, 06:55 PM
man that price is high just for sanding and buffing/polishing, i doubt he's gonna get much business at all, except for the rich lazy people, i did my tank, about $10 in sandpaper, and another $10 for a fresh buffing wheel, i had polish allready,, but that cost around $5-$10, didnt take much time at all and it was almost completely covered in white fading,, isn't he the same dude thats doing swingarm extensions also? for his buy it now prices you could pick up a perfect tank on ebay, and you could also pick up a nice name brand extended swinger for his BIN price on the swinger extension, tell him to start off with lower prices untill he works up a reputation and is known for his work.

CHAINSAW
10-21-2004, 07:06 PM
or you could just follow my how to guide, and like Jarod said.. for $15-$20 do just a good of job, if not better, yourself.