PDA

View Full Version : Big red replacement parts. still have a stumble at throttle.

conig
10-19-2004, 05:58 PM
OK, well my last posts I have had an idle issue and an stumble problem when gunning my trike gas. I still have this issue. I removed the rust from my tank and replaced all the fuel i as added a inline fuel filter. I also fixed my plugged up gas tank vent.

I still get stumples when ever I punch giving my big red it just kind of bucks but doesn't go. If I roll on the throttle its good until 4th gear then the trike will do it again.

I rebuilt my carb with a moose rebuild kit. but think I messed something up., can anyone provide me with the stock jet numbers for the 85 250es Big Red? I will just order them individually from my dennis Kirk Catalogue.

I am also looking for replacement mudflaps(front and rear) and the side trim for the rear fenders of my 86 big red. My plastics them selves are in really good condition, they are abit faded but have no scratches or cracks I'd hate to have to get new plastics just for these little parts.

If anyone knows please post back.

-------------------------
1985 es 250 big red.
snorkel
removed starter.

2002 scrammy open uni, about to be in a custom air box.

EPI orange spring (I love the high engagement)

DG universal muffler.(much lighter, not to louder and felt a good difference)

race cut plastics, and more weight removed daily.

conig
10-20-2004, 12:44 AM
someone must atleastknow were to get mud fllaps?

kilabeez0
10-20-2004, 12:48 AM
doesn't anyone check the ONLY replacement mfr. for atc's anymore

http://www.maier-mfg.com/shop.cfm?action=list&page=list.cfm&criteria=101&makeid=10&modelid=151

conig
10-20-2004, 11:55 AM
I'm aware of maijer

I don't want new plastic, just the mudflaps and trim on the rear factory fenders . my plastics are in good condition.

kilabeez0
10-21-2004, 12:51 AM
OMG. did u even click the link and scroll to the bottom. MUD FLAPS!

conig
10-21-2004, 12:45 PM
OH my GOD yes I did it says 84 250 es, in 84 there was only a 200es oh my god I have an 85 250 es.

Oh my God did you read my original post or my signature. I specified the big red that had new plastcis starting in 85

OMG the synicism isn't appreciated on any of your posts becuase OH MY GOD I did research before asking.

and all of this could of simply been avoided by using a little courtesy. I'll explain further.
" doesn't anyone check the ONLY replacement mfr. for atc's anymore "

try this next time. I beleive you can get mud flaps from Meijer but I'm not sure as I'm not familiar with this model. check the link below.

" OMG. did u even click the link and scroll to the bottom. MUD FLAPS!"

I see mudflaps on there site but Im not completely familiar with this model, you might want to check it again orgive em a call to see if they will work.

So before ou post frankly rude posts about OMG did this person do this or that please read there entire post and verify the model. If you don't know the anwser post the link and say you may be able to get what your looking for here. In a tone that denotes the courtesy and respect every human being deserves.

I do appreciate your response and attempts to assist me on my quest for mudflaps. the second flip post and the attempt to make me feel stupid was not appreciated however.

83200e
10-21-2004, 01:09 PM
I gave up looking for flaps for mine and wound up making my own.The hard part was finding the material,the rest was easy.It was kind of cool cause I had offset my wheels and I was able to extend my flaps out further to compensate.Turned out real nice.

conig
10-21-2004, 01:21 PM
the flaps arn't going to be as hard as the trim will be.

Its hard though on the 250es they are molded and not just rubber.