PDA

View Full Version : big red electrical

bridgeton
10-19-2004, 02:16 PM
Hi. I have a atc200e and don't have any spark. I just bought it from my son-in-law & he had it started then it quit. Since I have had it I replaced the ignition switch & solenoid to get the electric start working. Now that works & I don't have any spark. I have power on the black wire to the ignition module but no power to the coil. any ideas? Thanks

bigredhead
10-19-2004, 02:41 PM
The wire that goes to the plug is connected to a black unit ( coil ? ) that is mounted ot the frame on the left hand side of the bike, just under the gas tank.. held on with 2 screws.. if they are badly coroded, remove the 2 scres sand down the contacts and give it a try.

Are you getting a weak spark or no spark at all. check with plug removed connected to wire, touch the tip of the plug to the head and crank it over.. check for ANY spark.

Make sure you are in H or L, and not in between, i beleive there is a N safety thing in there.. does the 200 E have reverse ?

Pistonhead
10-19-2004, 06:22 PM
200E didnt have reverse, they were all chain drive, made till 83, I've got the 82 and 83, if you check the main 3ww page they have wiring diagrams for a 200e.

83185s
10-19-2004, 11:01 PM
sounds like my problem...my 185 dont got a spark..i was thinkin it was my stator tho from the way it quit..i was goin up a hill and it felt like it was overheating (it does it alot) so i figured o well get up the hill and shut er off..well bad idea..it never started again...i had to have my friend..on a quad.. a 1004 suzuki z250 pull me all the way home (about 10 miles) can u imagine how much it ***** being pulled home by a quad! lol jk all u quad owners