PDA

View Full Version : 200s pull start

honda200sx
10-19-2004, 11:32 AM
Is there any good posts on how to re string a pull start on a 200s motor. I had a bad day sunday. First my pull start broke then i broke one of my studs on the forks because i noticed it was loose so i tightened it and it broke, then while riding my back tire popped off. The nuts loosened on my axle extenders, thaqnk god i wasnt going fast.

bigredhead
10-19-2004, 12:06 PM
wow you were having a bad day.. not a good time to go sky diving !! LOL..

Check at www.3wheeler.org in the message boards under tech tips. and there is a pictorial on how to do it ! well done too !

Wickedfinger
10-19-2004, 01:07 PM
Ah the infamous "pull starter" problem from the old ATC's. I always had my 1/4 open ended wrench tucked into my back pocket anytime I took my old 200S out. Get used to it. Its a very easy fix (you'll figure out on your own what the "notch" on the sheave is for) just dont loose the weight springs!!!!.

MTS
10-19-2004, 01:15 PM
yes that tech tip on .org is vary helpfull..helpd me get mine back togeather now i can put one all togeather in under 5 mins :D just make sure you put the C clip on the right way..or elses it falls off ....and thats not cool...been there done that :p

83185s
10-19-2004, 06:05 PM
yea that thing is helpfull...what size was trailprotrailpro atc when u had a 1/4 inch driver with you? my 185's is 10mm is it the same size or something? i need a new pully ...o yea my firned has a tecate that he bought for 80 bucks!! i told him id give him 50 for it..lol..if it is in fact a tecate.he said he thinks its a 2 stroke so i think it is a tecate unless kaw made a different 2 stroke atc..i hope it is cause i got the money in hand..lol