PDA

View Full Version : Can 200x front calipers really work in the back?

kilabeez0
10-18-2004, 11:32 PM
It's almost impossible to find a good deal on a NICE rear caliper for a 200x. I dont want to spend $100 on just a caliper. I heard the front can be swapped around with a few washers. Can anyone confirm this, or better yet, show some pics? :beer

Howdy
10-19-2004, 08:03 AM
I don't have pictures, but I do know they can be used for the rear. Jeswinehart did one of these switches before.

Didn't you mention before that you had a rear but it needed rebuilt? If this is the case I should be able to fix it for you. I may even have a extra rear at the shop. I don't know for sure though. I have only been to the shop 2 times in 4 weeks ( other projects & problems ). Plans are to get out there tomorrow, but right now plans can change in a minute.
Howdy

84honda 200X
10-19-2004, 08:28 AM
All you have to do is change the mounting plates on the calipers. But if you need to just rebuild the rear y not take all the parts from the front caliper and put them in the rear caliper? Thats what i did for my 200X and its alot easier and way less expensive.

kilabeez0
10-19-2004, 06:06 PM
well everytime i tried to pull things apart on the rears, all the bolts would snap off

kilabeez0
10-20-2004, 12:55 AM
so what trailprotrailpro saying is, i can take my front and put it on the back with no mods?

who uses a parking brake anyway?