PDA

View Full Version : Carburator help!

BigT815
10-17-2004, 03:24 PM
I have a 1984 Yamaha 60 and it runs fine but when i gun it, it boggs out and i have to let off for it to keep running. I dont know if it is something to do with the carburator needing to be adjusted or if it is just old age.

TRI-Zbrian
10-17-2004, 03:27 PM
take the carb off.. tare it down and clean it..... its prolly realy dirty .... this happens all the time.... if you arnt sure you can do it your self take it soem ware.... dont just take the float bowl off and spary carb cleaner in there... you have to actualy take all the little jets and such out and clean them all individualy or it prolly isnt going to change a bit......

BigT815
10-17-2004, 03:33 PM
I took it apart and cleaned but i didnt take all of the jets of and do all of that stuff. Do you know a website that will show how to clean all of the little jets and stuff?

MTS
10-17-2004, 03:35 PM
to clean out the little jets just use carb cleaner and compressed air..or if the stuff in it is hard use some small wire to poke though it...if you dont have compressed air just put it to your lips and blow on it.. :) kinda sounds like its either getting to much fule and not enough air..try running it with out the ait box on

BigT815
10-17-2004, 04:23 PM
I cleaned out all of the little jets but it still doesnt go when I gun it.

MTS
10-17-2004, 04:27 PM
take your spark plug out and tell us what it looks like then we can help you from there :D

BigT815
10-17-2004, 09:13 PM
I took out the spark plug, took off the head, and cleaned all of the carbon off of the piston(there was alot) and still the same results.

MTS
10-17-2004, 09:15 PM
yes but what was the color of the spark plug around and on the electrod?

BigT815
10-17-2004, 09:18 PM
It was pretty much black

TimSr
10-17-2004, 09:24 PM
Its not likely the carb causing your problem. The Zinger exhausts are notorious for clogging. The large chamber is actually split in two sections with a sheet metal divider in teh middle, and tiny holes drilled in it. This is where it clogges. The baffle and its housing plug into the side of the big chamber with a rubber boot. Take the baffle and its housing off. Then get a drill bit that fits the hole they came out of, stick it in that hole, and drill through the first layer of sheet metal which is the divider. After you drill through it, put the baffle housing back on, and take the baffle out of the housing. Then put the end cap back on. This will solve your problem, and youll suddenly find it has all the power you could ever want.

BigT815
10-17-2004, 09:28 PM
I will do that first thing in the morning. Thanx alot.

BigT815
10-18-2004, 07:06 PM
I did what you said about drilling the hole in the muffler. But when i took apart the pipe i took out the baffler inside the pipe but when i put the end cap on there was nothing to screw into. Do you take out the whole piece inside the muffler? If so what am i supposed to screw the end cap bak on with?