PDA

View Full Version : T3 w/ 95 kx motor sputtering???

3WheelsForever
10-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Ok guys a few weeks ago I put the 95 kx 250 motor in my t3. About 2 weeks of riding, it started to sputter really bad I had my jetting perty much spot on, The plug was a molca brown type color. It would only sputter when getting past 1/2 throttle, if more throttle was applied it would bog down and die. Then one day it shut off totally. I figured out the coil went bad so I put another one on it and it still sputters. Anyone have a clue? Could my used coil that I put on it be bad too?

Billy Golightly
10-16-2004, 05:51 PM
I'd check the spark Virgil, is it white or blue? Remember you gotta kick the crap out of it when you get a reading.

Lots_Of_Nothing
10-16-2004, 06:14 PM
definatly sounds like something electrical, check all the connections and the flywheel key.

TRIZTUNES
10-16-2004, 08:46 PM
hey!

sounds like your cdi is going!!!!!!!

or your kill switch is shorting out .

disconnect the tecate switch. and hook up a kx kill switch.and try it.

hey i also have a nice homemade extended swingarm i'm willing to sale.
feel bad you had to sell your cal-fab,but am glad at the same time.
email.

hope this helps you!!!!!!!!

TRIZTUNES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ScottZJ
10-16-2004, 09:29 PM
I got an entire wiring system with CDI I bought on ebay that I really dont have to have if you need it. Just let me know bra..........peace

TrikerR
10-16-2004, 09:34 PM
thats why these forums are so great...everyone offering parts and knowledge.

3WheelsForever
10-17-2004, 08:43 PM
Thanks for all the tips guys. I replaced the coil today and it still sputtered. Messed around with it for a while, checked everything over. This time I pulled off the carb and cleaned it, there ended up being dirt in the carb. Now it runs awesome. Put a whooping on a banshee today too!

Tunes, how much for the swinger. I may be interested, not sure. Its gotta hold up to 10 ft of air, unlike my frame is now. It is starting to crack near the footpeg like my old frame I broke, gonna gusset the frame next weekend. These Kawi frames werent made the best I guess, or Im just to hard on them.