PDA

View Full Version : short track kit question

deathman53
10-13-2004, 07:17 PM
what came with a short track kit for a 85/86 250r, I'm getting mine now, so far I got the tripples, radiators, radiator guards, but already I've found a problem, the forks hit the radiators, was there a bracket to relocate them. This has been questioned many times and never got a straight answer, does anybody know???

Wild250R
10-13-2004, 07:31 PM
Yeah there is a whole different short track tank kit . It basically enables you to turn the whole head stock through a lot tighter.The rad is moved back and shrouds are alot bigger. There was one for sale on eBay about a month ago, the dude wanted about $300 for the tank poss a bargain but the closest it got was $140, I think. There was a whole bunch of other racing bits and pizza's, mungy forks - went for $400, broke the bad boy up into liddle biddy pieces, everything was up! Prices didn't get high enough tho so they may still be available?

Lots_Of_Nothing
10-13-2004, 07:37 PM
theres a different lower tripple clamp, rad. brackets, tank, shrounds

deathman53
10-13-2004, 07:57 PM
I got a atc about 5 months ago that had the tank and shrouds on it, I found one on ebay about 2 weeks ago, the lower tripple is way different, I called around and was told that is came with radiator hoses too, not a big deal, I just wanted to make sure it came with the bracket before I trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro to the seller. thanks .By the way, I found a set of new shrouds $42/side

NICKG
10-13-2004, 10:54 PM
to answer your question, yes there are specific radiater mounting brackets and hoses for the short track kit, they move the rads back about 3/4 of an inch

Chris McDaniel
10-14-2004, 01:35 PM
I was the high bidder on that short track kit on Ebay a month or so ago, I wanted it so bad but the reserve never was met. However I did score some OEM handlebars, clutch cable, twist throttle and throttle cable. I ended up paying a 150 bucks for all of this stuff and was a little bummed. Soon as I received the parts after 3 weeks to my dismay. The bars were bent, the cable weren't even for my R and the twist throttle was broken inside. The guys Ebay I.D. is MUMM, his name is Mark McGrew, he lives in Minnesota and is a rip off artist apparently. He denied that anything was wrong with the parts but he is actively selling stuff on there for very high prices. BEWARE! if you bid on any parts from this guy, know that he took me and very well might take any of you, just wanted to tell everybody about this A hole. 3 wheels for life!