PDA

View Full Version : Bottom End Help!!!

RideRed250R
10-10-2004, 09:53 PM
So i get my r back together tonight runs good needs a carb rebuild kit but it did just fine so iam sitten on a lawn chair with it idling next to me and then i see its leaken iam like RED ALERT seals have gone o no!. well it wasnt that the guy lost the chain before on it and there is a little scratch in it not that bad but it leaks alittle ever 3 seconds so i need to know if jb weld would work or does anyone have a GOOD cheap bottom end for a 83 250R.
thanks
adam

cliff2302
10-10-2004, 11:58 PM
Well, you have a couple options.

1 You could try JB weld, i've never used it but i've never heard anything bad about it.

2 You could use some 2 part epoxy to seal it, just make sure its real clean

3 you could have it welded. but you have to be very careful because you dont want to warp it or melt anything important on the inside.

If it were me, i'd use JB wed or epoxy. it doens't sound like its a structural part of the motor, but i dont really know without seeing it. I had a problem like that on a dirtbike i had before and i had it welded. It was a project to say the least, and i would avoid it unless it really really needs it. Good luck

TrikeKid
10-11-2004, 07:07 PM
if its just a crack i'd JB it as long as you are carful and just dont drop a glob of it on there. i have one bike that a guy seriously destroyed the side case on then tryed to JB/epoxy back together and it fell apart as we handled it.