PDA

View Full Version : Where to go from here?

Savage99
10-08-2004, 08:15 AM
Hello all, I have a 1982 atc200 that I bought not running...I did get it running with some help from this board...thanks to all who answered my posts! It runs now but not that great. It will only idle when I have the choke on or am holding the throttle in a bit and when I give it more throttle it revs high for awhile even after I let the throttle go. When I drive it at higher throttle it seems to start to run really rough and has little power....it's OK at light throttle. When I check the plug it is dry but has a ton of carbon build up on it. I have cleaned the carb and played with all the adjustments on it for the past two weeks and nothing seems to make a difference. The main jet is set at the leanest postion and playing with the air mixture screw does nothing. I have tried new plugs and everything...what am I missing...I could really use some suggestions here as I am starting to get fed up. Thanks.

Mark.

RacerRichie
10-08-2004, 08:48 AM
Check for any leaks in the intake and boots. Make sure that no air is getting to your engine except through your carb. Buy a rebuild kit for your carb and replace everything that comes in the kit.
Also make sure your throttle cable is not kinked and has the correct freeplay.

RR

Savage99
10-09-2004, 03:30 PM
If the carb was leaking air then the engine would not be running rich it would be too lean...isn't this the way it goes???? My spark plug is coming out dry, black, and full of fluffy carbon deposits...isn't that also a sign of the engine running rich?? I am not sure if I have got it wrong here.

Mark.