PDA

View Full Version : Too Fast Tecate Sprocket Count

skeeter
10-05-2004, 08:44 AM
OK I counted the teeth on the sprockets and I have 13 front and 42 rear.
What do you suggest to slow her down. Looks like the rear would be easy to change if I could find one. I will also need some more chain if I go larger.
I saw on the Northern Tools site they sell a 60 tooth but cannot tell if it will bolt up.

smokinp
10-05-2004, 10:23 AM
the front is the easier one to change,I would go with a 11(if they go that small on the t3)and a or so (dont know how big they go).If you are looking for bottom end then you will want a small front and a huge rear and some 18 or 20 inch tires..hope this helps.

3WheelsForever
10-05-2004, 07:16 PM
That may slow down the top speed. But its going to make the trike more wheelie prone and spin tires more when the powerband hits. You could find some one to get you flywheel weights which will smooth out the hit of the band and it will make it less prone to stalling.

smokinp
10-05-2004, 07:40 PM
why not just buy a cheap trike like a 200S or atc200 or something and have it for puttin around and save the t 3 for racing! :twisted:

TimSr
10-05-2004, 08:03 PM
The first thing I noticed on the Tecates was how high they are geared. Seems like you have to be going 20mph before you can let the clutch all the way put. Normally Id say put an 11T on the front, which will drop it like a whole gear, making 2nd like first now is, and then see if it works for what you want it. Its a cheap fix, and you can just take a link out of the chain. The Tecates have an oddball sprocket, though, that is only used on Tecates, and I really doubt your going to have any luck finding different sprockets for front or rear. Youd need to go 6-8 teeth larger on the rear to get the same effect, and require a longer chain.