PDA

View Full Version : Vented front fenders..Are they worth it?

clong
10-04-2004, 07:23 PM
This probably applies more to the 4 strokers but is a vented front fender really make a difference in keeping the motor cooler. Has anyone found any issues with them throwing rocks or mudd at your motor?

Yamahauler
10-04-2004, 07:58 PM
i just bought a yamaha trike about a week ago, it has a vented front fender. ive been through the mud and gravel with it and nothing has hit the motor. The motor does get dustier quicker though. But i am sure that it keeps the engine a bit colder. It also looks pretty cool too!

AZ250R
10-05-2004, 02:44 PM
Actually the most "serious", lower mounted radiator, 2-stroke trikes that I've seen @ the dunes take the front fender completely off. They say that any part of that fender blocks some much needed airflow from the radiator/s in the hot desert... I'm not willing to go with that look though, but have thought of modifing one with vents!?!?!

coyote killer
10-05-2004, 09:22 PM
I put a vented fender on my 81r and havent had any problems from it....It doesnt let the engine get dirty....I seen in an old article where the factory Honda ATC racers would bob the back of the fender in long distance desert races.....

BigGreenMachine
10-07-2004, 12:47 AM
I'm bobing about 4 inches of fender off my 85 Tecate to aid cooling and also it looks tons better than the long rear section.