PDA

View Full Version : 200s vavle specs.

bonkers_200s
10-04-2004, 10:50 AM
I recently bought an 85 200s for $150, the guy took the pull start apart, and wasn't too smuckin fart. I got it home, un-did what the previous owner did, cleaned the carb up, put some new rubber on it, fist pull, running like a maniac, but sat for awhile and the valves are a bit out of wack.

i think the specs are .003 intake, and .005 exhaust, but im not sure.

I called the local honda cycle/atv shop, THEY ASKED ME WHAT A 200S WAS, AND IF IT WAS HONDA!!!!!

Then told me not to waste my time, they wont touch anything older than 1990. Jerks:(

does anyone one know these specs for sure??

thefox
10-04-2004, 11:45 AM
Both valves should be set at .002 in. Let us know how it goes!

bonkers_200s
10-04-2004, 10:20 PM
Thanks alot, ill give it a go, but if my exhaust valve ends up bending im tracking you down,, and we're both in NY so i wont have far to go, lol

just kididng thank you very much:)

thefox
10-05-2004, 09:39 AM
Thanks alot, ill give it a go, but if my exhaust valve ends up bending im tracking you down,, and we're both in NY so i wont have far to go, lol

just kididng thank you very much:)

:D , The clearences you were thinking of would be ok if it was a Yamaha so you weren't off by that much!

bonkers_200s
10-05-2004, 12:32 PM
well ive got plenty of time to do it now, i was doing a doughnut, and the tires found a hard spot, instant 12 oclock, well more like 10:30 wheelie lol, bent the stock handles a bit, so i got lucky at the local shop, they had one pair of MSR bars, for 20 bucks, i put them on, made a mixture adjustment on the carb, and the thing never ran so good, throttle cable snapped after a few hours, and i got towed home, the guy that was towing me got me half in a rut, and let the rope slack, then jerked it tight again, ass over teacup i went, dragged me upside down for a about 5 feet, and bent the new ones ever so slightly ON THE FIRST TIME I WENT RIDING WITH THEM ON!

they arent bent badly though, just slightly, so now im waiting on ebay, so far im paying $1.50 for a new carb, cable and throttle assembly, but im sure that price will go up in the 4 days that are left, seeing as i cant ride:( might as well get those feeler gauges out, thanks again for the help, now i gotta go find what the hell i did with my motivation, lol