PDA

View Full Version : Mounting the engine SUX!!!

kilabeez0
10-02-2004, 01:48 AM
I just had to vent :evil: I've been working on the 200x since about 5:30 and it's almost 2am. I completely assembled the engine after almost 2 years, and i've been trying to get all the damn mounting holes to line up! Once I get one bracket mounted I cant get the others to line up, and if i get the 2 brackets FORGET about the long bolts in the back that need to line up! AAAGGHHHH!!!! Anyone have any suggestions?

atcmatt
10-02-2004, 02:53 AM
Yeh i can relate to that. Getting the engine outta my trike was bad enough, can imagine getting it in. On the 200es it was hard but not impossible. Use a jack underneath the frame under the engine and choc kit up so you dont have to hold it (lucky its a light engine, the 200es is a tonner!!!). Try putting the bolt ont into one side of the mount of the frame, not both, that way it has room to pivot while you get other ones in. Once there all in tap the bolts through with a drift and mallet. Also if you have the &*%^$ with it, walk away and come back in the morning, because it'll just get worse...

Hope you get it in.

Matt

smokinwrench
10-02-2004, 07:54 AM
Use some long punches as pry bars in the mounting holes.

kilabeez0
10-02-2004, 10:39 AM
yea i walked away.....it was getting worse!

smokinp
10-03-2004, 12:09 PM
I line up the main mount at the back where the long bolt slides through then is seems to be easy from there...hope you get it in.

kilabeez0
10-03-2004, 12:40 PM
got it no problem first thing in the morning...i was just overtired and aggrivated