PDA

View Full Version : KX Aluminum Sub-frame on an 85 Tecate?

BigGreenMachine
09-29-2004, 09:47 PM
I think this would be a great idea, but how hard would it be to mount on my frame and what would need to be modified. Maybe wont fit because of the uni-trac pivot point.

BigGreenMachine
09-29-2004, 09:55 PM
nope, not gonna work without some suspension mods
maybe some of you R owners should look into this

Jeb
10-21-2004, 02:09 PM
I've got an article some where in one of my old mags with an 85/86 R that had an aftermarket aluminum subframe added to it.

Explore the Tecate-4 Sub Frame. For the suspension you can use the Tecate 4 swingarm and rear end. :D

BigGreenMachine
10-21-2004, 03:16 PM
Do you think that the T4 suspension would be an easy fit?

BigGreenMachine
10-21-2004, 04:52 PM
I think I could make the T4 swinger use the Unitrac rod of the 85 by welding a mount on the 87/88 T4 swinger. The dimensions look to be the same, trying to get the actual dimensions as we speak. So if that bolts up, I use all the stock mounts for the suspension. I looked into this trailprotrailpro and its gonna be an expensive project. Prollay have to ditch my 295cc kit that I want just to pay for this but I need a new swinger anyway cause my bearing race on the left side is squat and the bearings dont fit quite right. I figure the ability to buy a nice thick skidplate and Durablue axles outweigh the need for 300cc's that can easily be done some other time. Also the 87/88 swinger should be equivalent to a nice +2 Cal fab or Westcoast arm which means higer rpm launches and a prepared bike for when I get that 295cc piston.