PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here running a KX ignition

86250RZ
09-29-2004, 09:53 AM
on thier 86/87 Tecate. The reason I ask is, I would like to know if there are any problems that I need to look for, this baby rev's to the moon and makes me wonder if it needs a rev limiter. I would hate to see what would happen to the cylinder if this thing let loose at a high RPM, it seems to rev much faster and much higher than my 86R. I dont know if it's faster yet but she sure revs higher.

NICKG
09-29-2004, 01:03 PM
i would not worry about it, it was designed for that, if anything the kx would have a higher limit, historically kawasaki did not rev limit their 2 strokers

3Razors
09-29-2004, 03:01 PM
I'm running a complete kx set-up on my 86 Tecate. Flywheel, Stator, and cdi. Big boost in performance over stock. It runs perfect and have had no mechanical failures at all. Can't run lights though, this setup was intended for racing. On a side note has anyone else had problems with the Ricky Stator flywheel stator combo? I've had two of their stators go out on my 85 and I'm on my third one now?! He does stand behind his product though and gives me a brand new one everytime under warranty. But it's not much fun being way out in the dunes and one goes out after four hours of riding!

86250RZ
09-29-2004, 04:57 PM
This one also has the KX ignition and flywheel combo, it revs so fast and so hard I just wanted to be sure. Thanks for the replies.

OZQUAD44
10-06-2004, 07:21 AM
what year kx ignition systems are you using. Will all years fit?
I have been told that the KXT ignition is the same as a KDX200. The lucas stators are certianly the same according to the part numbers. If you use the KDX system you will have lights!

86250RZ
10-06-2004, 09:32 AM
Not sure about the the KDX 200. I know for sure you cant run lights with the KX set up. Im pretty sure the one I have is an 86 KXT ignition.

200x Basket
10-06-2004, 10:00 PM
i think they will work from 82-88. just be sure you get the complete system because some of the them have different plugs.

BTW, I am glad you are liking it. i am not sure about your year but i think the CDi has a part # on it.