PDA

View Full Version : Another restored 250R tank (Chris McDaniels)

clong
09-27-2004, 03:48 PM
Chris McDaniel, a good friend of mine is memeber here. About 7 months ago I sold him a very delapated 1985 250R. It was covered with bails of hay and had rats living in the carb. It ran though. He bought it for $500 and now he has bought a mint OEM seat, all new plastic, bars, and much much more. The problem was the tank was almost white from oxidation in the sun. About 3 hours of sanding and polishing the tank looks so good. Check it out. I'm positng these for Chris McDaniel. Sorry one is a little blurry.

thefox
09-27-2004, 06:39 PM
Looks nice! Now lets see some pics. of the rest of the trike.

84250r
09-27-2004, 06:59 PM
Looks good!

clong
09-27-2004, 07:04 PM
The next time Chris and I (my name is Chris too) are hanging out I'll take some pics and post them. I'm a little more savy than he is with the digital camera. Its a real nice R though. I'll toss in a pic of my two X's too.

Chris McDaniel
09-29-2004, 10:15 AM
I can work a dig camera just fine, I just like to be in the picture on the R. My R is stock, I am going for the Oem look, no weird swing arms, or purple seat covers. I am putting on a new FMF exhaust and just mounted a new DG grab bar, what a piece of crap that thing is. Brand new grab bar and its bends aren't true, the welds look like a 5 year old made them and the dune flag pole holder is mounted on the wrong side. I'd also like to complain about Maeir plastics, their quality is crap too, they make bad cuts, leave injection tabs on and don't take the time to trim them to fit very well. Its companies like this that make Oem parts all the more valuable.