PDA

View Full Version : Big Red

farmer mike
09-27-2004, 02:03 AM
I have an old beater that runs (barely) and rides ( I wouldn't wanna be seen in public on it) It's an 83 200es w/ no plastic and a nasty seat. Feller wants to buy it and transplant engine and shaft drive into his Honda Oddysey. Chances are I'll never do anything w/ it, BUT I do have another 200es that is my regular ride. Need help pricing it before I decide to get rid of it

rob0781
09-27-2004, 02:09 AM
well if you have another trike the same as your daily driver i'd keep the beater for parts,you could run your daily driver for another 30years with a running parts trike,plus if ya sell it and you ruin a part or bottom end for exaple your gonna be kickin your ass you sold the parts beater..

BCMAGNA
09-27-2004, 09:58 AM
I have the same set up going .I have an 83 200 es I bought to ride and it runs great but has some cosmetic issues. Then I have a 84 200es and this one is in really great shape , all original right down to every sticker that was on it new, There is even a sticker on the left brake handle with parking brake instructions.I'll use the older one for parts if necessary but hey there Hondas and I don't think I'll have to. And check the year of your 83 mine is chain drive not shaft. My 84 is shaft drive and has reverse.
Got to love these things they are cheap ,fun,reliable and my two daughters ride like crazy . The low range and in lower gears they have a fun and safe experience.Just a ton of kid smiles in these tikes and one dad smile too.BC

Howdy
09-27-2004, 10:11 AM
Just to clear up some mis information in this posting:
The 1982 & 1983 Model Big Reds are called ATC200e

Only the 1984 Model Big Red is called a ATC200es

I just wanted to point this out so that users who didn't know this ( and read this thread ) would get the correct information. ;)

Howdy

83200e
09-27-2004, 10:16 AM
Listen to rob0781 and keep it for parts.It sounds like you got an 84,which was the only year for the 200/shaft combo-meaning parts will dry up on these bikes quicker than others. I try to keep a parts bike for every one I own.

farmer mike
10-01-2004, 12:43 PM
went and checked my wheeler and it is indeed an 84. the partser is identical, a 200 w/ shaft drive, elec start and hi-lo/rev. my mistake