PDA

View Full Version : 185s backfiring through carb!

83185s
09-23-2004, 09:31 PM
i dunno wat happened today as i was riding but i got up to the top of a hill and the engine started bogging down and a hit the gas thinkin it was overheating again like usual but it didnt speed up any so i just shut it off..well about 5 minutes later i tried startin it again cause i have to do that when it overheats..well it wouldnt fire...so we hooked it up to my friends quad (04' z250) nice quad and tried pullstartin it in 5th since its the easiest...well it would try but not suceed....it would only backfire through the carb...i got it back to my house and took apart the whole head and carb cleaned everything and tried pullin it again...same thing...anybody got any ideas?? im thinkin the flywheel key may have broke and is just turning because the shaft is when we pull start it...it has no pull rope st i usually just pick it up and run then drop it and hit the gas to start it...anyway its backfiring through the carb and i need help...i havnt found out but im thinkin its that key...any suggestions?

MTS
09-23-2004, 10:50 PM
sounds like the key like you said might have fallen out or got wreekd which in turn set your timein waaaaaaay off....like 180 degrees by the sounds of it..

83185s
09-23-2004, 11:01 PM
thanks man..i figured thats wat it was since i took the whole top end apart and cleaned the carb and it didnt change anything...o yea i found a recoil kit for my 185 so no more pushin after about a week! which will be ok because i suposivly cant touch it or go near it for that matter according to my dad even tho i have the bill of sale cause i bought it..lol..he thinks he owns it or somethin.. but hey that gives me time to get some stuff...10 days starting today evidently he says...it still sittin at my friends house right now cause i havnt went and got it yet..lol..its not like its goin anywhere anyway..but thats all good cause now i know wat to do when i get it back..have to go to the local atv shop and order the key tomarrow since i gotta pick up a top end gasket set anyway..lol..the dam thing is a pos but it gets from point a to point b

MTS
09-23-2004, 11:13 PM
yea i know what ya mean about the pos a to b thing lol...iv been ridein my 78 atc 90 for like a year and im 15 for god sakes ...lmfao just got a 200 though :D

83185s
09-24-2004, 06:25 PM
lol im 15 2! i rode a motorcycle first tho an old pos 78' kawasaki kz 400 old pos but has less than 15k miles on it

trikerider2oo7
09-24-2004, 07:01 PM
i'm 15 also...i started on a 125m. went to a 200es big red, and march 2003 i got a 350x for a way early 14th birthday present