PDA

View Full Version : dim lights?? anyone have that prob??

Paul
01-04-2003, 09:19 PM
I cleaned up the conections made sure they are nice and tight, and still both of my lights are barely seen:( is my alternator bad?? or is there something to regulate it?? Thanks

Thats my 225dx first night we drove it when i fixed it, I took a snap of my wife:)

[/img]

Tri-Z dude
01-04-2003, 10:00 PM
i like trailprotrailpro DX Paul
mine is blue but right now my rightside cover is off of it due to the one way roller and the 2 clutch springs broke on it
Ben
I took this pick when the rear end was off of it

4cylinders
01-05-2003, 12:26 AM
make sure the ground is to the frame, not the front end. check the plugs coming off the alt. take them appart and clean them with wd 40. if that doesn't do it, check the main grounds at the battery.

ATCRYDER
01-05-2003, 12:39 AM
:clap Very nice 225, Paul! Welcome to the baord by the way.

As for your question, id try troubleshooting 1st. Have you tried replacing the bulbs yet?

Also, as 4cyl said, check those grounds. Youd end up shorting out if that was the case but its a worth a try to check.

Rob

Paul
01-05-2003, 12:47 AM
Thats nice, what year is it?? i still dont know the year to mine, i was told its somewhere between 82-86????

are your lights bright??

Tri-Z dude
01-05-2003, 11:22 AM
Paul
mine is an 84 model
its an awsome machine for trails and for all around type riding
id go anywqhere with it but really havent had the chance yet
im still leary about gettin to far from the house cause i just got it rollin and its sat for a year so i dont know when or if it will quit
Ben