PDA

View Full Version : Axle Nut on My 350X is frozen up Tight!!! Ideas?

ClayW
09-18-2004, 08:14 PM
I tried to tear my 350X axle and swingarm down today to no avail. The right side axle nut will not come off. I even tried using a 2ft cheater pipe. Wont budge. I put all my weight on the pipe and it still wouldnt move. (285lbs). Any ideas? Should I try and heat the nut up real hot and then try to get it off. I have soaked it today with penetrating oil multiple times. Will do it again tonight and let it sit overnight. Anyone ran into this problem. I normally can get most stuff off with my $200 Dewalt electic impact wrench. Its pretty stout. I have broke a wheel stud off with it on a truck. It wont cut the mustard. Ideas?????

I might add that this is the axle hub nut.

Clay

OldSchoolin86
09-18-2004, 08:23 PM
Does the 350x have a left-hand thread like the 250r? I don't want to offend but are you turning the right way?

ClayW
09-18-2004, 08:25 PM
Hey oldschool. I dont know, I will read the manual. I dont wont to confuse anyone, Im talking about the axle hub nut out on the end of the axle.

Clay

OldSchoolin86
09-18-2004, 08:29 PM
My bad, sometimes I can't read. I doubt that's left-handed. I was talking about inner and outer lock nut on the alxe. Good Luck

ATCnut
09-18-2004, 11:49 PM
I is just tight. With enough pressure it will come off. Make sure there is not a piece of cotter pin stuck in there

ClayW
09-19-2004, 07:49 AM
No cater pin in there. They both came out with no problem. So far I havent found anything that will put enough pressure on it to turn it. I will give it a try again today.

ClayW

Xowner
09-19-2004, 02:00 PM
try to find a shop with a air inpact take the wheel off heat the piss outta it and hit it with the impact and use pb blaster

AirManCam
09-19-2004, 02:07 PM
Yeah, Let it soak in pb blaster, spray the shiat outta it. And then try taking a longer pipe, and doing it.

ClayW
09-19-2004, 08:09 PM
Thank the lord, its off. Whew!!. It took an impact socket on the end of a 2ft break overbar, with a 4ft pipe on the end of it to break loose. Oh and 285lbs of me laying on the pipe. LOL. Dang. Well I got it torn down. One bearing was SHOT. It was in multiple pieces. The other was shot, but all together. Carrier wasnt damaged. What a day. Thanks guys. :beer

ClayW

AirManCam
09-19-2004, 09:15 PM
The funny part is, I usually have trouble keeping them tight, they always come loose on me. Well, I'd rather keep tightening them ,instead of going through all the work to get em off :p